Cayuca Restaurant

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
We have known a Dominican waiter and bartender for the past decade. We have always really liked him and has never asked us for anything in the past,
The last time we saw him he was at The Cayuca Restaurant in the Fishermens Wharf strip in the tourist heart of LT. This was in 2020.
I know this whole strip burnt many years back but I have not heard of any fires recently.
This week our acquaintance (perhaps friend) has reached out to us on Facebook Messenger stating the restaurant has again had a serious fire.
He is saying he is in need of a job and money.
We are more than happy to help him out a little as he is a nice guy, BUT not if he is lying about the fire.
My question to the DR1 LT community is, has there been a serious fire at the Cayuca Restaurant in the past 12 months that has resulted in the closure of the restaurant?
He is telling us that due to the pandemic there are no other jobs available at this time. That part is understandable.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
We have known a Dominican waiter and bartender for the past decade. We have always really liked him and has never asked us for anything in the past,
The last time we saw him he was at The Cayuca Restaurant in the Fishermens Wharf strip in the tourist heart of LT. This was in 2020.
I know this whole strip burnt many years back but I have not heard of any fires recently.
This week our acquaintance (perhaps friend) has reached out to us on Facebook Messenger stating the restaurant has again had a serious fire.
He is saying he is in need of a job and money.
We are more than happy to help him out a little as he is a nice guy, BUT not if he is lying about the fire.
My question to the DR1 LT community is, has there been a serious fire at the Cayuca Restaurant in the past 12 months that has resulted in the closure of the restaurant?
He is telling us that due to the pandemic there are no other jobs available at this time. That part is understandable.
Yes... Sadly the entire Pueblo de los Pescadores burnt for a 2nd time early September 2021, there is nothing left, nothing has been rebuilt as to date.

Reactions: Rumble2005

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
There's a video on this page from September 2021.

It is very sad what has happened, and in truth Las Terrenas is not having a great season this year due to the lack of French visitors. However, I still think that anyone who sends Facebook messages to people they have bumped into a few times saying they need money needs to be given the slip. And once you give him money once, the next time he needs money (in a few weeks) you'll be the first one he turns to. So I would suggest you reply and say that you'll certainly put the word around and see if anyone knows anyone who needs staff, and you wish him well. Don't send the money.