Cedula for Dominican Born USA Citizen

hugoqzd

Mar 14, 2023
new york
Hello,

I was born in the Dominican Republic, but moved to the US during childhood. I became a US citizen.
I don't have a Dominican passport or any other Dominican id.

Does anyone know the requirements for me to get a cedula? Do I have to get any other cards before getting a cedula?

Thanks,
Hugo

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

hugoqzd

Mar 14, 2023
new york
Thanks.

I do have my Dominican birth certificate. I have submitted a question to the DGM(https://migracion.gob.do/contacto/)
You need to do a process called "Transcripcion de actas" at Junta Central Electoral. https://ayuda.jce.gob.do/kb/a201/transcripcion-de-acta-de-nacimiento.aspx
I do have my Dominican birth certificate and it's in Spanish. What is the purpose of this "Transcripcion de actas"? It is for getting a certified translation?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Go to the Dominican consulate in NYC with the birth certificate. That's all there is to it. The passport might take some time to get (I don't know if they are able to create one there or if it has to be done in Santo Domingo, anyway I think the passport book shortage is still going on, so...), but the major consulates have a cedula making machine and it should not be hidden in a room, but visible for all to see. lol They take your photo and info and do your cédula on the spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: hugoqzd

hugoqzd

Mar 14, 2023
new york
Go to the Dominican consulate in NYC with the birth certificate. That's all there is to it. The passport might take some time to get (I don't know if they are able to create one there or if it has to be done in Santo,Domingo, anyway I think the passport book shortage is still going on, so...), but the major consulates have a cedula making machine and it should not be hisden in a room, but vidible for all to see. lol They take your photo and info and do your cédula on the spot.
Thanks! Posted the same info at the same time as your post.

Reactions: NALs and JD Jones