cedula, now you see it , now you don't

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Planner:

I understand what you said about "she met an amazing man". There are MANY out there that no amount of amazing men/women and no amount of money would make them live in a country that they don't care for, in a country where they will be miserable, a country where every single thing NOT done they way they are used to, would bother them. SOME would rather stay the hell home, find a person in their backyard and not be unhappy all the time.

Agreed. And some will take the plunge, learn to adjust and maybe just maybe learn to love it here.......LOL

Now by the way - I dont' understand all this crap about English humour. Dv8 is not English. She only lived in England for a few years. She no more uses English humour then she does Dominican humour.

She has her own brand of humour and I quite like it....... Kind of Polish, a little foreign influence, some whacked out female sarcasm and a whole lot of original Dv8 humour all mixed in a giant cement mixer and poured out on the heads of those not watching what is coming......

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's definitely humour that goes down well with the Brits, whatever it is.

Anyway, I think Miguel is just sulking because the Holiday Village thread has got ten quazillion hits. ;)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
analyze this

no no, i meant it as a "what happened when i went to get MY cedula" thread. did no one had any cedula adventures? do all those things only happen to me? ;)

ps miguel is right, defenders are right, planner is right. i am a humorous complainer. if i ever write anything serious i will let you know.....

SERIOUS: minovio is good enough to made me come and live here. why settle for second best in my own yard? i do leave an option of moving somewhere else open thou. he says himself he'd like to try living in a different country to see how it's like.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
It's definitely humour that goes down well with the Brits, whatever it is.

Anyway, I think Miguel is just sulking because the Holiday Village thread has got ten quazillion hits. ;)
Do you really think so Chiri? I thought it was more because she was getting more attention than him, was being more respected than him, people understood her sense of fun more than they understood his general moaning etc. etc. etc!! Her threads certainly get more attention & responses than his!! Further, she does not have to PM for support - it comes naturally!

I DID enjoy his jibe "Stand by your man", thought that almost humorous enough to get this thrown into the Clown Bin!! I prefer (as we are using musical connotations) "And the wheel goes around, & around, & around & ....................... ". Or Maybe "The Lonnnnnnng & winding road......". :cheeky:

Keep the fun, satire & humour coming Dv8 - MOST of us seem to enjoy it!! ~ Grahame.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
did no one had any cedula adventures?

When I got my first cedula at that cramped little office behind the JCE headquarters they wouldn't let me in because I was wearing shorts.

That's when I learned bony white knees are a no no in government offices. After a trip home to get long pants I got the cedula then on to Inmigracion to get the Residencia Provisional with the ghost like photo taken by the famous fantasma cam.

I'm on my second Residencia Definativa and the photo is crisp and clear. What price progress? I miss the fantasma cam. That photo was good for many a howl. Dominicans love a good laugh and I had a lot of fun showing that ghost shot around.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
This is what I mean....

SERIOUS: minovio is good enough to made me come and live here.
That's it. This sentence says it all. If he is good enough, then you will should try and make it your business to like the country and it's people.

Why?, because he is good enough.

Great, great sentence indeed!!.

Planner:

I keep on talking about "English Humour" because that's the EXCUSE used by SOME as why her original post should had been taken as a joke. Joke my axx, jeje.

What, she only lived in England for a few years, shyt, you may want to tell that to "SOME". Wellllll, unless she is a good learner, wahahahaha!!.

Chiri:

See, now THAT was funny, your comment that is. That one I got. Was it Polish, Dominican, American or Indian humour. Please don't make me look bad and tell me it's English and you really meant to say the "Guacamole" thread.

Btw: Long live the Queen. Not Prince Charles, though, hehe.

ETA:

Hey Bushy (The Defender), talking out of your axx again?. Look around and notice my threads. Why do you keep on talking for other people. What happened, mommy is sleeping?.

Again, for me this is not a popularity contest.

Btw: did you ever find out, Mr nosey, who was the D'Arsehole mole?. Is D'Arsehole on hiatus now that you are spending so much time here?.

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Residencia Provisional with the ghost like photo taken by the famous fantasma cam.
I'm on my second Residencia Definativa and the photo is crisp and clear. What price progress? I miss the fantasma cam. That photo was good for many a howl. Dominicans love a good laugh and I had a lot of fun showing that ghost shot around.

no, the ghost camera is back. why this bright red background - no idea. i look nothing like myself or anyone else for that matter. a blurred white spot. plus, you guessed right - i made a face. looks like i'll be asked to show any other form of id with my residencia....
yeah, i did make faces before and i was asked numerous times to present some other id with my previous passport - and wearing pink barbie top made me look a little young, you know... those were the times when one could wear just about anything for passport pictures.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Come on Ginnie, where's that famous English humour.

Alive & kicking & playing a small game of gotcha. :cheeky: Seriously have you got your ignore button set on the smilies? Because my posts have a few, but maybe they're not showing up on your screen? And don't worry about dv8. I know your natural warmth and empathy and generosity of spirit make you concerned for her well-being here but she's doing fine, really. I expect we'll hear another funny episode when she goes for her driving licence.........;)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Lambada

I expect we'll hear another funny episode when she goes for her driving licence.........;)

Licence ?

Is that the stuff kids in school get and then need to wash their hair with special medication to remove lice?

Or is that Spanlish?

Or is that British spelling of "License", because in Espanol I believe it is "Licencia".

Oh, maybe that was some more "British Humor"......

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hey Bushy (The Defender), talking out of your axx again?. Look around and notice my threads.
I DID

Why do you keep on talking for other people.
I Don't (other than in some people's misinterpretations);)

What happened, mommy is sleeping?.
She will be by now - UK is 5 hours ahead of us!:ermm:

:cheeky: :cheeky:

Btw: did you ever find out, Mr nosey, who was the D'Arsehole mole?. Is D'Arsehole on hiatus now that you are spending so much time here?.
I can't answer for Mr. Nosey but with regard to that webpage I haven't posted there for some months. The best person to check that with is SantiagoDR who is the administrator there!! ~ Grahame.

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
DRSol gone

That's it. This sentence says it all. If he is good enough, then you will should try and make it your business to like the country and it's people.

Why?, because he is good enough.

Great, great sentence indeed!!.

Planner:

I keep on talking about "English Humour" because that's the EXCUSE used by SOME as why her original post should had been taken as a joke. Joke my axx, jeje.

What, she only lived in England for a few years, shyt, you may want to tell that to "SOME". Wellllll, unless she is a good learner, wahahahaha!!.

Chiri:

See, now THAT was funny, your comment that is. That one I got. Was it Polish, Dominican, American or Indian humour. Please don't make me look bad and tell me it's English and you really meant to say the "Guacamole" thread.

Btw: Long live the Queen. Not Prince Charles, though, hehe.

ETA:

Hey Bushy (The Defender), talking out of your axx again?. Look around and notice my threads. Why do you keep on talking for other people. What happened, mommy is sleeping?.

Btw: did you ever find out, Mr nosey, who was the DrSol mole?. Is DRSol on hiatus now that you are spending so much time here?.

:bunny:D'Arsehole is closed for security upgrades. Check back in a few days.;) :bunny: HUNDRED DAYS HA HA

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Ok folks, what had to be said has been said. At this point there is no sense in beating a dead horse. The question to ask ourselves is, is it really worth it?

Last edited:

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
no, the ghost camera is back. why this bright red background - no idea. i look nothing like myself or anyone else for that matter. a blurred white spot. plus, you guessed right - i made a face. looks like i'll be asked to show any other form of id with my residencia....

The fantasma cam must be dedicated to temporary residence cards.....:cross-eye :confused:

I've never had to show my residence card for anything except to enter the country.

I get cedula'd frequently. In fact yesterday I renewed my driver's license in La Sirena (piece of cake) and as I explained that my name was misspelled they told me they'd use the info from the cedula database which had already been corrected.

I'm proud that the 830 pesos in taxes will be used to help buy a yipeta for a mid level functionary. We cannot rest until all bureaucrats have yipetas!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que pelea?.

OK, I cannot figure out who is winning this fight. Could the winner please stand up :laugh:
Fight, what fight?.

Come on Chris, you "know" me long enough to know that I am just having some fun "on other people's tabs".

I don't know, it seems that I just can not ignore ignorant posts, people that can't mind their own "negocios" and nosey people. They just give me the "YUCK".

Shyt, I guess I will have to stop looking at myself when I am "doing" my hair, whahahahaha and another ha!!.

But, because I respect my elders, I lost by "throwing in the fight" (I accepted a bribe, jejejejejeje).

A.Hidalgo, you ask if it's worth it:

Every single minute of it. By now, you should know that my "motto" is:

Please "bring it" but make sure that you can "take it" 20 times worse without having to run to mommy, haha haha!.

Ohhhh, the insanity.

And as that other axxhole used to say: BAM!.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I enjoyed the posting by DV8 of her experiences and I have ofcourse had similar experiences. It's just sad that more respect in the posts/responses could not have been shown.

Perhaps a little more tact could be used in future posting of Living in the Dominican Republic.

A lot of us enjoy reading these Living in the Dominican Republic experiences, including myself, and I can understand the feelings from the Dominican members.

If it's really meant to be a funny story, put it in the "The Clown Bin", or are you just trying to agitate and/or want maximum exposer?

Like those that ride their bikes with the front wheel in the air,
they are really saying "Hey, Look at me".

I wait for the day one of them wrecks so I can "LAUGH".

SantiagoDR, your post was edited - reason being that you could contact robert@dr1.com for advertising rates should you want to promote another board on the DR1.