Cedula renewal ?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
thats correct, Mauricio. it is exactly what i do, too, now. wait a couple weeks, arrive on a weekend morning by 9 or 9:30AM, back out by 10AM, breakfast at 10:30AM and the sunday can continue smoothly and stressfree.

Mike

Today for the first time when seeing all these foreigners, most older than I am, some in shorts, obviously coming from some beach or campo village I thought, it must be great to only come here to get your residence and than get out of this place, back to the relaxing beach or campo. Is that the first sign of becoming middle aged?:bored:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Today for the first time when seeing all these foreigners, most older than I am, some in shorts, obviously coming from some beach or campo village I thought, it must be great to only come here to get your residence and than get out of this place, back to the relaxing beach or campo. Is that the first sign of becoming middle aged?:bored:

yes,it is,lol.
atvleast i guess so.
will find out in some decades when i get middleaged, for now i am still a young kid in its early 50's

Mike

I thought in those buildings you had to wear pants? The wife forgot her long skirt on the NC, so she went in with short shorts and I thought she would get kicked out!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
In Migracion there used to be a dress code, but today there was a guy in (pink) short pants.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, at the Cedula office when I went there were a number of foreigners dressed in shorts, flip-flops, wife-beaters...etc.
Personally I wear long pant and short sleeve with collar as required for all government offices.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sounds like they run their dress code in a relaxed manner now, send it to the trash?? at the JCE it was the same long pants and sleeves and no flipflops policies as at Immigrations office, like at all governmental offices. i anyways don't get it why people have to come to such places in their beachwear, maybe they live on that beach and those flipflops are the only pair of shoes they own?

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't know why the governments hate on flip flops. what's the harm? i use havaianas all the time, regardless of the location. but i wear sleeves, official pictures need to be done with covered arms.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
You would think that with the majority of expats living on the north coast and the east coast, that maybe...just maybe putting offices in the regions would result in more expats renewing whatever documents. It is a major pain in the ass to get anything done in this country...almost always involving an overly long day in Santo Domingo.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my fren, you iz now in a land where logic and common sense does not apply. have another drink. it helps. :)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You would think that with the majority of expats living on the north coast and the east coast, that maybe...just maybe putting offices in the regions would result in more expats renewing whatever documents. It is a major pain in the ass to get anything done in this country...almost always involving an overly long day in Santo Domingo.

Trust me, it affects us living in places like Jarabacoa as well, but it is what it is. I take the bus from Jarabacoa at 0700 am , arrive in Santo Domingo at approx. 0930 and pray everything goes smooth. After years of working in government myself, I'm pretty good at making sure I have everything required and more. So far I've never had to get more documents...etc and all my government visits have been reasonably quick and smooth. No use complaining about it.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
someone on here been at the Extranjeria for chaning the cedula this week?
how are the line ups now?
would like to go this weekend/tomorrow, but looks like i have to bring my Babygirl for the ride, so too many hours of a wait would not be what i wanna get.
pleeeease, who was there during the last days/this week?

Mike

May 12, 2005
fila-600x610.jpg

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
someone on here been at the Extranjeria for chaning the cedula this week?
how are the line ups now?
would like to go this weekend/tomorrow, but looks like i have to bring my Babygirl for the ride, so too many hours of a wait would not be what i wanna get.
pleeeease, who was there during the last days/this week?

Mike

Just go, since commercial banks now even allow old cedulas to open a new account until June, lines vanished (they'll be back at the end of June). Last Saturday was a 1 hour thing. But do check if the special hours including weekends still apply. They might be back to normal hours.