Cell Phone sales and service

Astucia

Oct 19, 2013
I have needed cell phone assistance twice recently.

The first was to assist a friend buying a fairly simple Android smartphone and copying all the data and apps to the new phone. I am not an Android user and so I went to Jdias CELLPHONES in Cabarete for suggestions and assistance. They were very helpful - recommended a phone, set it up for my friend in less than an hour. Price was very good and my friend is a happy user.

The second occasion was a little more complicated : my iphone lost cellular service. The iphone settings showed “ERROR” instead of connected to a network. After Googling the problem and trying all the suggestions EXCEPT REINSTALLING IOS I took the phone to Jdias CELLPHONES. After the guy there checked the obvious things - he said it could be a hardware problem. They had seen and fixed this problem before. Would take 1 or 2 days. Sure enough - 2 days later they called to say the phone was fixed. And sure enough - all was good. The cost was less than una cerveza bien fria.

I highly recommend Jdias CELLPHONES. Very professional, they speak excellent English and are very friendly. They have a very good selection of cell phones and accessories. They are located in Plaza El Patio across from Dicks Bakery.

Reactions: Buck
Feb 7, 2007
So they repaired your iphone for less than 150 pesos? Something's fishy. Are you the owner of the store? It looks most likely so...

To me it looks like you tried to write a "review"/recommendation, but you are promoting/advertising your own business.

Astucia

Oct 19, 2013
So they repaired your iphone for less than 150 pesos? Something's fishy. Are you the owner of the store? It looks most likely so...

To me it looks like you tried to write a "review"/recommendation, but you are promoting/advertising your own business.
yessir. less than 150 pesos. I don't know what they did - I didn't really care. It was just something I didn't feel comfortable doing myself

And no - I am not the owner nor do I have any vested interest in the business. Just a satisfied customer happy to pass along a good experience for others.
They are a couple of young guys trying to make a go of it in difficult times.

Why so cynical Rubio?

Astucia

Oct 19, 2013
Its typical of people living on the North Coast 😄
Well his DR1 name is rubio_higuey - so I'm pretty sure he doesn't live on the North Coast. I do live here - and I'm hopefully not "typically cynical"

And my post was certainly not "typically cynical". Quite the opposite :ROFLMAO:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I know the owner of the store, Johnatan Diaz, personally. He is a good person and is not "fishy" at all.

Reactions: Astucia and CDNBear