Celuisma being shut down?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Just heard from a friend that Celuisma Playa Dorada is at this moment being shut down. Apparently the police are in there with rifles. Anyone have any confirmed info? No speculations at this point please (I know, I know, it's hard), just looking for hard, confirmed facts. Thx!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Just heard from a friend that Celuisma Playa Dorada is at this moment being shut down. Apparently the police are in there with rifles. Anyone have any confirmed info? No speculations at this point please (I know, I know, it's hard), just looking for hard, confirmed facts. Thx!

i have a buddy from Canada who wanted to book a vacation there. he went to the travel agent in Toronto, and she absolutely refused to sell it to him. he went elsewhere, got a week booking, and moved out on the second day. maybe that is why there is an issue: probably a money problem.

Jan 27, 2011
chance to get the facts saturday

I hear there is a question/answer session at that cultural center in Puerto Plata -- The Meeting Place -- on Saturday afternoon in which the head honchos are going to be there -- president of Playa Dorado hotels plus head of airport and others. Will be at last a chance to get some answers -- I for one will want to ask critical questions and will push for real answers. Its at 1:30 so I will have time afterwards to make my weekly run to LaSirena to stock up on fresh squeezed OJ!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Wouldn't be surprised if it was being shut down. Honestly the worst resort I ever been too and the only reason I went there was because it was cheaper to get a AI package vs just airfare.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The police did come there to enforce an embargo (from a creditor, most likely), but the problem/dispute was solved immediately, most guests probably didnt even know that anything happened. We have a sales rep there, who saw it.