Centre of SDO to Las Americas

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I've tried google and Dr1 search but no satisfactory conclusion.
First-hand info is always better.

Has anyone recently done the trip from the Caribe tours or Metro terminal in Santo Domingo direct to Las Americas on reliable public transport?
(No rip-off private shuttles or taxis!)

I'm trying to avoid taking my car from POP to SDQ so would appreciate any recent insight.
Gracias.

Feb 7, 2007
Call Apolo Taxi or Aerotaxi for quote .... then once you arrive to the bus terminal ring them up to send you a unit.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Call Apolo Taxi or Aerotaxi for quote .... then once you arrive to the bus terminal ring them up to send you a unit.

No buses leave directly from Caribe Tours/Metro to Las Americas that I know of, so to take one of the smaller public buses (voladoras), you'd have to take a taxi to their starting station down on Duarte.

A taxi to Las Americas from Santo Domingo should be no more than 1300 pesos. (That's what I pay from west Santo Domingo)

What they said :D

Public buses are a major hassle and they would let you off at the airport entrance and then you have another hassle on your hands.

Apolo Taxi 809 537 0000
Some of their dispatchers speak some English for those who might need it.
Reliable and will quote you the rate on the phone.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Thanks folks.
I'll take the car as it's going to be hassle. Can't figure out why Caribe tours doesn't have a regular run?
Maybe the taxi syndicates are too powerful....