CEPM Online Payments

GusFring

On vacation
Apr 15, 2020
as I just now paid my claro bills online i paid attention to the cards registered.
my Banco Popular card never registered, it is solely my foreign debit card which registered and works on my claro app.
Mike, what is that card attached to? Is it a Visa? A foreign bank?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it is a Master World Elite Debit Card
registered as a german Euro account with the online bank named N26.
I never managed(neither did Claro nor Banco Popular) to add my simple Banco Popular Pesos account Debit card to Claro.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
By the way on the CEPM issue. There is no way to register any card that is not in Dominican Pesos. As the amount you need to verify is in Pesos and it will be an odd amount like 11.23. This is the number you need to punch in. But a card in Dollars or Euros converts the Pesos, so you can never enter the right amount without knowing the exact exchange rate your card has.

I learned this the hard way.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
By the way on the CEPM issue. There is no way to register any card that is not in Dominican Pesos. As the amount you need to verify is in Pesos and it will be an odd amount like 11.23. This is the number you need to punch in. But a card in Dollars or Euros converts the Pesos, so you can never enter the right amount without knowing the exact exchange rate your card has.

I learned this the hard way.
not completely correct.
I have the same above mentioned card(euros) alerady since a while registered with Activa(the CEPM company for Internet and cable TV).
my card statements show on my smartphone always in the Euro Amount taken from my account ANFD show also the foreign currency amount of the original bill.
and thats correct, it is the shown pesos amount that has to be used for verification.
the same way I had on the old CEPM App this same card registered to reload the pre-paid electricity connection at our prior house