CEPM Online Payments

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Anyone having trouble paying CEPM online or with the app? They seem to have changed the system and of course for the worse.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Anyone having trouble paying CEPM online or with the app? They seem to have changed the system and of course for the worse.

I usually pay using desktop or laptop. You are right - today I cannot log in to my account. I get this message. Hope they fix it soon.

No hay cuentas registradas con este usuario.
Favor dirigirse a una de nuestras oficinas.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Logging in was OK. It was trying to pay with a card that was useless.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Logging in was OK. It was trying to pay with a card that was useless.

Interesting. Now I can log in. But, I already paid this month. So my balance is zero. I would guess whatever glitch there is they will fix soon.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Several years ago CEPM's site crashed and it took them something like 2 1/2 years to fix it. Now I leave enough money on the account to cover the monthly surcharge and my dehumidifier when I am not there. Normally that works great .... but

3 years ago our power went out on a beautiful sunny day. After an hour or two I noticed my neighbor had power. Did a bit of checking and CEPM shut off our power when we had about a 6,000 peso credit on the account. After another hour or two of phone calls they finally understood this and turned our power back on. They charged us 500 pesos to do this. After fighting with them for 3 months we just gave up.

Only in DR is kind of stupidity and theft a daily norm. To get back to the original issue at CEPM give them up to 2 years to fix it. (and that's being generous)

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
This is probably what they were doing - I went to the site to pay my Activa bill today and it says this:

"Estimado cliente, a partir del 1ero de octubre 2020 todas las facturas serán en formato digital. Actualiza tus datos y elige por qué vía quieres recibirla. Es un proceso rápido y sencillo que solo lo realizarás una vez."

Once you fill out the information they want on the page that pops up after that message you can pay your CEPM and Activa bills on line as before.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
OK I have the solution to paying online now. Go to CEPM Whatsapp 829 423 0100. This is an automated system that appears to work. I say appears because I registered a card to pay but I have to wait for my next bill on the 21st to be sure.

Anyway you will get some options. Chose CEPM, then go to the option about registering a Card. Follow the directions and they will charge you from 0 to 20 rd on the card to be refunded later. Now you go to your Card statement and you will see a number. It is the peso amount they charged you. You need to go back to CEPM and put that exact number. Then your card is registered to pay. At least that is what they say. If you see a registered card before you do this it will NOT work.

Good luck.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
OK I have the solution to paying online now. Go to CEPM Whatsapp 829 423 0100. This is an automated system that appears to work. I say appears because I registered a card to pay but I have to wait for my next bill on the 21st to be sure.

Anyway you will get some options. Chose CEPM, then go to the option about registering a Card. Follow the directions and they will charge you from 0 to 20 rd on the card to be refunded later. Now you go to your Card statement and you will see a number. It is the peso amount they charged you. You need to go back to CEPM and put that exact number. Then your card is registered to pay. At least that is what they say. If you see a registered card before you do this it will NOT work.

Good luck.
so in that whatsapp group, you say hello and someone will answer there with the procedure to register your card?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Claro, yeah.
I traveled frequently between Claro office and Banco Popular office during a minimum of 2 years or so, then gave up.
itwas impossible to register myBanco Popular Debit Card with the Claro App.
each of both told me that the other is at fault, lol.
a few months ago a buddy of mine said he registered his Banco Popular Debit and his foreign Debit card with the Claro App.
so i gave it an other try with my german debit card and Surprise, it registered right away.
looks like they "fixed" something after Years.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I just go to the kiosk in front of cepm and pay my bill never a problem there.!) put your account number in 2) put your credit card in then pay your bill

Reactions: MikeFisher

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
I just go to the kiosk in front of cepm and pay my bill never a problem there.!) put your account number in 2) put your credit card in then pay your bill
This changes my life. Seriously.

I'm going to check their website if it has a kiosk locater.

Thank you!

Where is the CEPM?

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Claro, yeah.
I traveled frequently between Claro office and Banco Popular office during a minimum of 2 years or so, then gave up.
itwas impossible to register myBanco Popular Debit Card with the Claro App.
each of both told me that the other is at fault, lol.
a few months ago a buddy of mine said he registered his Banco Popular Debit and his foreign Debit card with the Claro App.
so i gave it an other try with my german debit card and Surprise, it registered right away.
looks like they "fixed" something after Years.
Did it ask you for a password that you never had and was never given? I think it asks for a "security code." That's what happened to me and the counter crew cannot fix it.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Did it ask you for a password that you never had and was never given? I think it asks for a "security code." That's what happened to me and the counter crew cannot fix it.
yes, if i remember it correctly they did a transaction of some pesos from my account and the message on my card statement contained a number/code, which i put in the Claro thing.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
so in that whatsapp group, you say hello and someone will answer there with the procedure to register your card?

It is an automated system. You need to put in your contract number. Then you go from there. No name, just the number. Mine is a 7 digit number.

Reactions: MikeFisher

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It's other credit cards here too. Getting one into an online payment app is near impossible.
That's true and once you have one it is impossible to add another - This happened to me when my card went to RFID and changed the number. I am still stuck with the old card in the system and can't delete or add the new one.
Too bad these fairly large businesses can't catch up with 5+ year old technology

• Angry
Reactions: GusFring

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
as I just now paid my claro bills online i paid attention to the cards registered.
my Banco Popular card never registered, it is solely my foreign debit card which registered and works on my claro app.