"certificado de no antecedentes penales debidament legalizado o apostillado"?

M

Milagros

"certificado de no antecedentes penales debidament legalizado o apostillado"?

Hello all,

In the middle of renewing my temporary residency....

I got the above mentioned certificate today near the police office. I asked them if it was already "legalizado or apostillado" as the migracion website says it must be, and they told me that I must go to La Vega to do so...:surprised

???

This is my first year renewing my temporary residence without the help of a lawyer. I don't remember anything about going to La Vega. Please see the attached
dNhtzYe4Dt5P3YvD8
certificate... will this do?? Is it considered legalizado or apostillado?

Looking for answers from others who have done this on their own already,, thanks in advance.

Milagros

W

william webster

I wouldn't play with this renewal....

some go it alone....and lose...

the system is fragile.... get help -- legal help

PM me I have one

B

Billp16

Just do it all on-line. It is super easy and user friendly.

C

cavok

Jst did mine in April - no problem. You have to upload all your documents online. They won't accept them if there's something missing. Also, you have to deposit your papers at the local DGM before going to SD. They'll tell you if there's any problem - which I doubt.

M

Milagros

Thanks guys. Everything has been super easy so far, already got all the other documents they asked for, just stuck on this buena conducta "legalizado" aspect. If anyone who already finished with their certificado could compare theirs to mine that would help too.

M

malko

Thanks guys. Everything has been super easy so far, already got all the other documents they asked for, just stuck on this buena conducta "legalizado" aspect. If anyone who already finished with their certificado could compare theirs to mine that would help too.

If i remember correctly, and i may not since it was last January for me, the buena conducta paper comes all ready. As opposed to the wedding certificate that needs to take a trip to a central JCE for it to be stamp ( your local JCE will do it all for you, for a meager fee ).
So the legalizado o apostillado seems to be a typo as far as the buena conducto is concerned.

Also at santiago tribunal thingy they ask if it was for migracion purposes..... so perhaps a diffrent format ?

R

Riva_31

Just do it all on-line. It is super easy and user friendly.

No, when needs to be Legalized you must go in person because need to be stamped, and online came without the stamp, is stated in the website in case you want it legalized that must make the application in person, go and pay the service in Banco de Reservas, make a copy together with the cedula, then tell the person that receive it that you want ti legalized.

D

drstock

I have renewed several times online and also helped a friend to do so. I have never had the certificate "legalizado or apostillado". Just uploaded it as I received it online. They will tell you if there is any problem.

C

cavok

No, when needs to be Legalized you must go in person because need to be stamped, and online came without the stamp, is stated in the website in case you want it legalized that must make the application in person, go and pay the service in Banco de Reservas, make a copy together with the cedula, then tell the person that receive it that you want ti legalized.

As Malko said, I think this is an error on the website(no surprise there). It said the same thing when I renewed. As I said before, a quick easy way to find out is just to upload all your documents online like you're supposed to. If there's anything wrong, they'll reject it. No big deal. In addition, after being accepted, you have to take all your docs to a local DGM substation and deposit them where they check everything again before sending them to DGM in SD.

D

drstock

In addition, after being accepted, you have to take all your docs to a local DGM substation and deposit them where they check everything again before sending them to DGM in SD.

I don't think that's the case any more. This year I just uploaded the documents and got a date to go to the DGM in SD, with all the original documents, of course. It's been extensively written about elsewhere on this site.

C

cavok

I don't think that's the case any more. This year I just uploaded the documents and got a date to go to the DGM in SD, with all the original documents, of course. It's been extensively written about elsewhere on this site.

You're right. I do remember reading about that now.