change in law on residence and marriage.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
You need to learn who the posters are around here. If I were you I would beleive what Alterego has said because she should know who is and who isn't a lawyer here plus we have Bob who has experience with both lawyers

[/SIZE]

Anybody could be a lawyer on here-it is a message board on the internet for Pete's sake.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
i think it's about offspring. female dominican citizens will breed dominican citizens. based on good old rule of: mater semper certa est, pater semper incertus est.

"pater est, quem nuptiae demonstrant" ("father is to whom marriage points").

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Anybody could be a lawyer on here-it is a message board on the internet for Pete's sake.

True, and if you take the legal advice of anyone here except Guzman Ariza representatives, you deserve whatever happens.

You've been ranting about this same issue for a very long time, in many different threads. It's not going to just change because you think it should. Be grateful that the law changed even a little, wasn't that long ago that men married to Dominicanas had no extra leverage for anything at all.

Not everything in life is fair - and this is one of your unfair issues. Deal with it.

LicelotteM

Sep 8, 2014

Mr. Saunders:

Thank you for the information.

As it is, you do not have to become a permanent resident before you apply for citizenship. If your card has more than 6 months of validity left, you can begin your application right now as a temporary resident.

Licelotte M.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
True, and if you take the legal advice of anyone here except Guzman Ariza representatives, you deserve whatever happens.

You've been ranting about this same issue for a very long time, in many different threads. It's not going to just change because you think it should. Be grateful that the law changed even a little, wasn't that long ago that men married to Dominicanas had no extra leverage for anything at all.

Not everything in life is fair - and this is one of your unfair issues. Deal with it.

The law, in whatever form, only has a foundational basis on what is perceived as the customary longstanding moral basis between right vs. wrong. If you think that is not the case, then I suggest you read the summary of the Nuremberg Trial.

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The law, in whatever form, only has a foundational basis on what is perceived as the customary longstanding moral basis between right vs. wrong. If you think that is not the case, then I suggest you read the summary of the Nuremberg Trial.

Somewhat irrelevant to the immigration rules that are currently law in the DR.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Mr. Saunders:

Thank you for the information.

As it is, you do not have to become a permanent resident before you apply for citizenship. If your card has more than 6 months of validity left, you can begin your application right now as a temporary resident.

Licelotte M.

Thank you for clarifying this issue for me.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Well Jimmy you can either beat your head against a rock and accomplish nothing, or you can follow the rules , that aren't that expensive or complicated.

Don't have to do any of the above. By the way, what is with the statist attitude on DR1 Forum? It isn't the first time that I have witnessed the just 'deal with it' attitude on here.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
My opinion is that the law can no longer discriminate against men on this issue. The equality clause in the 2010 Constitution (Article 39) is quite clear:

"All persons are born free and equal before the law and shall receive the same protection and treatment from institutions,
authorities and other persons, and shall enjoy the same rights, freedoms and opportunities, without discrimination due to gender,
skin color, age, disability, national origin, family ties, language, religion, political or philosophical opinions, social or personal conditions".

Any law in the books to the contrary should be declared unconstitutional.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Don't have to do any of the above. By the way, what is with the statist attitude on DR1 Forum? It isn't the first time that I have witnessed the just 'deal with it' attitude on here.

Perhaps people get tired of the whining. Sometimes there is no quick fix, or workaround . You just have to follow the rules put in place.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Thank you very mouch MR Guzman for setting us all straight on this issue. It relly helps to have someone that we can trust on this on this bord.