change in law on residence and marriage.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Mountonanne said I should ask to here from any Dominican people if there is any trust to this.
I know in the past that for a man to marry a Dominican women had no real benefit as to get a residents.
She said the law changed I have no idea when or even if this is true. If this is true I would thing this is something very new.
I don't know why she would say this if it did not have some through MountonAnne never seamed to be the tipe to make up bull
**** in the past.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If the DR government gave you a house, a car, DR citizenship, and 40 million pesos for marrying a "Dominicana" it STILL would not make it worthwhile!

TRUST ME!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Mountonanne said I should ask to here from any Dominican people if there is any trust to this.
I know in the past that for a man to marry a Dominican women had no real benefit as to get a residents.
She said the law changed I have no idea when or even if this is true. If this is true I would thing this is something very new.
I don't know why she would say this if it did not have some through MountonAnne never seamed to be the tipe to make up bull
**** in the past.

Not a good reason to marry. My landlord, a Dominican, was married to a Dominicana. When they divorced, she took almost every stick of furniture and every appliance from their house. He had only a bed to sleep in and nothing else. You don't want to risk everything just to shortcut a residency.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
and besides Ship Shape Chef.....

if the cost of the residency application is worrying you......
do you want to pay for a wedding too???

mas dinero....

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
No I don't want to pay for a wedding not a big usa style one any way. I am just getting despite yacht jobs are hard to come by for a middle age
man and I have nothing in the usa I am the door steap of my parents house from homeless. I am grasping for anything these days.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you just keep visiting here.... several months at a time.....

you'll be fine.......... no need to get upset

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Since no one is helping to answer your question I will do a search as soon as my new laptop upgrades itself ;)

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I don't know Darfish but I thought this might help you also. My fucher job opertunity are looking so dark right now that I may just have to give
up on this whole dream.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Marriage is the worst business decision a man can make. There is absolutely no future in it.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
MR Yacht, your post is a tad confusing. However marriage here will only complicate what ever your trying to accomplish. Hell ..marriage anywhere will make things confusing and complicated.
A famous stock broker said the worst investment a man can make is to get married.
Good luck brother.

Last edited:

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Maybe someone in legal can answer the op. I heard the same thing on another web site. Have the laws changed to make it easier (equal) for a man (gringo) to get Dominican citizenship by marrying a Dominican woman???

Anyone have an answer?

BTW, there are a lot of good Dominican Woman. Of course it depends where you look, how you look, speak, smell and dress.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Then just have a "Joint"!

AND, please get yourself some "Prozac"!!!!
You are starting to depress ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You MUST remember the "Olde Proverb",............"I lamented the fact that I had No Shoes, UNTIL I Saw A Man Who Had No FEET"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
You MUST remember the "Olde Proverb",............"I lamented the fact that I had No Shoes, UNTIL I Saw A Man Who Had No FEET"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Say it again

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Maybe someone in legal can answer the op. I heard the same thing on another web site. Have the laws changed to make it easier (equal) for a man (gringo) to get Dominican citizenship by marrying a Dominican woman???

Anyone have an answer?

BTW, there are a lot of good Dominican Woman. Of course it depends where you look, how you look, speak, smell and dress.

I still get headaches from looking at the computer for too long because I have not used one for over 6 weeks so here is a link Dominican Immigration Law - Guzm?n Ariza

where it once stated, a woman who marries a Dominican national, now reads, A person marrying a Dominican national, upon fulfillment of the requirements established by law.

Maybe if people would stop giving OPINIONS we could keep the legal forum for real legal questions and answers and later we could do a proper search. yeah!!!!!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Up until july 2014, even if u were married to a domimicana, a foreign man, still needs to go through residency process.
The omly thing that makes it " easier" is that u dont need proof of wealth or guarantees, since ure dominicana wife is ure garantee....

ONLY the, after having gone through residency obtention and after 6 months residency, may a foreign male spouse start the citizenship process.

DiSCLAIMER, nothing legal or advised about above statement. Just personal experience.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Special Family Issues | Embassy of the United States Dominican Republic

those are what it takes to get married here according to the US Embassy..

It can't be too expensive or difficult as there is an industry of weddings here...

And for all of you who are saying to Watch out.. she will take all your stuff..well,, he evidently does not have much stuff..and she is going to get it anyway if he can't get back here... right?