if you read the thread... yes - quite new
my entries were close together

Honestly malko .....

what date was that date stamp ????
great question.......
made my day

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I just gave you the real answer, they want the cash. Simple enough....................

Until I see an alternative and reasonable response I shall agree with SKY. This is a perfect control for overstays.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
it's a money grab... one time i stayed for a year and they miss it when i was leaving...... this time David got Goliath....

Kip

Aug 21, 2015
My daughter flew back into STI last night. She has her residency (Temporal, RT-7), which is valid until next January. She provided the Customs folks with her card alongside her passport. They promptly stamped her passport with the new stamp and wrote 30 days on the validity. Per normal, they're seemingly asleep at the wheel and one hand still has no clue what the other is doing.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

Dr_Taylor

Oct 18, 2017
My daughter flew back into STI last night. She has her residency (Temporal, RT-7), which is valid until next January. She provided the Customs folks with her card alongside her passport. They promptly stamped her passport with the new stamp and wrote 30 days on the validity. Per normal, they're seemingly asleep at the wheel and one hand still has no clue what the other is doing.
Today, when I returned to the DR, I presented my permanent residency, cedula, and passport. The migracion officer placed the entry stamp in the passport, wrote 30 days, and handed everything back to me. I gave her the residency card and cedula again and asked why she entered 30 days when I have permanent residency that extends well beyond such a period. She shrugged and mentioned that all passports get 30 days. She added that the 30 days does not matter in my case, since I have residency. We both smiled, and I moved along to Aduana. This was my first time entering via Punta Cana. I wanted to see this side of the island. It was VERY nice to get in the Dominican citizens line, which includes residents, and breeze past all the tourists. I must have skipped over no less than 200 people from at least two to three flights. I still had to wait with everyone else in the Adauna line; however, it moved very quickly.

MoeP

Apr 30, 2019
I asked the DR embassy in Germany about the new practice and got this explanation: The stamp for visa free entry is good for a stay of 90 days. (Date on the stamp + 89 days) The entry is visa free, but the stay is not 'for free'. You have to buy a tourist card that covers the cost for the first 30 of your 90 days. Days 31-90 have to be paid for on a progressive scale when you exit. Up to 100 euros/usd approximatly.
So the 30 only indicates how many days youvpaid for, not how long you are allowd to stay in the country, days 31-90 do not constitute a over stay or mean you are in the country illegally. (The latter was important to me, because my travel insurance does not cover illegal stays)

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
once again every entry point into DR they have different rules and morons working the points

Aug 31, 2011
Old thread . But sure need to bring this up.

My husband and I have a NM -1 visa. We have been flying back and forth to US since September. Sometimes we were here less than 30 days.. Once more than 60 days.

today we are leaving within 42 days. They charged us for overstay of 30 days. We are supposed to do a reclamation in the migration department when we return. 😐 They charged us 5,000 DOP each.

Sooooooo I started examining my stamps and noticed that at some point they started putting 30 days instead of NM VISA OR 60 days.

It seems that it would be less hassle I believe to just extend tourist visas that are UNDERSTOOD to be 30 days. 😤

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Buck, Not sure what your point is? Tourist visas (as in tourist cards) are valid for 30 days.

There is a way to extend them, but most won't bother. They just pay the exit fine for overstaying and nobody cares.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Some at migracion have no clue as to what they are doing, NONE!. I recently came in and handed over my passport and residency card, she stamped the passport and wrote 30 days, I pointed out to her that my residency was valid for for three + years, she looked back at the card, then back at me with a blank stare and said welcome. I honestly don't think she knew how to read, she was trained to stamp the passport and write 30 days _ YA!, Incredible..

Aug 31, 2011
Some at migracion have no clue as to what they are doing, NONE!. I recently came in and handed over my passport and residency card, she stamped the passport and wrote 30 days, I pointed out to her that my residency was valid for for three + years, she looked back at the card, then back at me with a blank stare and said welcome. I honestly don't think she knew how to read, she was trained to stamp the passport and write 30 days _ YA!, Incredible..
Exactly! I looked back at my last entry stamp again.. Which was on March 22 and they had written in "60 days". Yet we were sent directly to pay for overstay. My visa allows for multiple entries and stay up to 60 days.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I know it all can be frustrating with the lack of consistency when arriving but it is really just part of the fun of living here . Every day there is something so different to the norm. There is a total lack of respect for rules ,laws and regulations by someone you meet or see every day .Yesterday I bought a Bank Certificate for 5 years but when I got home and saw the confirmation email it was for 105 years and no one in the bank was even slightly concerned.