Changes to the E-Ticket

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Nope.
I fly STI using the same passport.
My wife is always told to enter with her Dominican passport and leave with her Canadian. Trying to leave with her Dominican passport the first few times we tried only lead to where is your Canadian Visa until she took out her Canadian passport

Reactions: CristoRey

Bluenoser

Feb 26, 2019
I haven't done the e-ticket since Oct. Have they updated the way dates are entered when using a smart phone?
When I got to the field asking for birth date, the only option is to scroll back by the month, which takes forever as I have to go back 800 months.
On the computer there's the option of entering year/month/day directly.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
I haven't done the e-ticket since Oct. Have they updated the way dates are entered when using a smart phone?
When I got to the field asking for birth date, the only option is to scroll back by the month, which takes forever as I have to go back 800 months.
On the computer there's the option of entering year/month/day directly.
I got caught up in that, too, until I found you have to click above on the year.

Reactions: XTraveller

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today I did the E-ticket for our trip Saturday. One ticket for us both, Mr AE gets the tourist card refunded (supposedly), and afterwards I was prompted to complete the return e-ticket, even though it’s months away. WW was right!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Could this be another change to the E-Ticket?

Dominican migration lawyer Judith Féliz today nade an interesting suggestion regarding the E-Ticket. She asks why the E-Ticket doesn't have an app for the smart phones? That could make it slightly easier for constant travellers.

14:21

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Could this be another change to the E-Ticket?

Dominican migration lawyer Judith Féliz today nade an interesting suggestion regarding the E-Ticket. She asks why the E-Ticket doesn't have an app for the smart phones? That could make it slightly easier for constant travellers.

14:21
IDK but the first thing that comes to mind is... is it easier to hack an app rather than the government web site that has this vital information??

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
I recently flew in and out of the Santo Domingo Las Americas airport. On arrival, no body asked to see the e-ticket. On departure I do not remember that well, but I think immigration also ignored it and just looked at the entry date in my passport. I guess they have it all in the computer now?

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Today the government made public the following information regarding the E-Ticket.

1. The E-Ticket can now be received via email.
  2. The health information is eliminated.
  3. Many fields have been simplified.
  4. It's possible to save an incomplete E-Ticket and continue later.
  5. The E-Ticket to leave the country will automatically add certain information you gave to the E-Ticket to enter the country.
Remember E-Ticket is always free, avoid the scams.

The one and only official site to access the E-Ticket is: www.eticket.migracion.gob.do
The last three times that i entered (feb, may and agost 23) i did so with out applying and showing this e ticket. Nobody bothered. Was surprised first time but now this is the new normal for me. This eticket makers sense for tourists to know there whereabouts during their stay. But for cedula holders they already have all this info and 100x more of it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My understanding is that once you enter the e-ticket it automatically is applied to your passport

No need to show it, they have it

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My understanding is that once you enter the e-ticket it automatically is applied to your passport

No need to show it, they have it
Correct, but the airlines usually want to see it. And in PUJ sometimes there is a guy standing at the entrance for departing who wants to see it. Not a good idea to not have it on your phone or a copy..........................Customs always has it.........

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
They check it at the airline as they are required to make sure it has been completed so as not to cause delays in the immigration line.

Once they swipe your passport at immigration it matches the number against the passport number on the eTicket in the system.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Flew out in July, did the eticket 4 days before departure, got in line to check in and the dude at the airport wanted to see the eticket and then said it wasn't valid and had to be done within 48 hours of the flight.... didn't matter what you said to him and her, had to redo the eticket at the airport, no big deal, just wished they would update their website..... on the return, just as we were leaving the airport there was a lady checking for the eticket.....

There were a lot of cheezed off people having to do the same.....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The website shouldn’t accept too early an application

I think I’ve been told to come back later- too early

BTW 72 hours is my recollection