Chartered jet retained at PUJ after suspected shipment found on board

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
The tv program W5 did an investigative report into it, and the program can be watched broken into 5 smaller videos. https://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/w5-expose...y-trail-in-the-pivot-airlines-story-1.6188788
CTV W5 just released more information on the two Canadians suspected of arranging the shipment of drugs on the Pivot Airlines aircraft. The police in Edmonton seized two Ferraris today worth about $1 million Canadian from the two men linked to the Pivot Airlines drug smuggling scandal. The cars were reported stolen and had fake VIN‘s. The URL posted above should link to the current information presented on CTV today. Makes me wonder about what kind of a deal was cut to release the crew and aircraft? When the aircraft and crew was seized I posted that nothing would happen until money changed hands. Follow the money.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
CTV W5 just released more information on the two Canadians suspected of arranging the shipment of drugs on the Pivot Airlines aircraft. The police in Edmonton seized two Ferraris today worth about $1 million Canadian from the two men linked to the Pivot Airlines drug smuggling scandal. The cars were reported stolen and had fake VIN‘s. The URL posted above should link to the current information presented on CTV today. Makes me wonder about what kind of a deal was cut to release the crew and aircraft? When the aircraft and crew was seized I posted that nothing would happen until money changed hands. Follow the money.
I was hoping for more news from Canada today. I bet many were.

Maybe I could PM you to discuss more in detail

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Note the company name. Pivot Airlines. Guess they didn’t expect this pivotal event. Big bucks on the line here. That’s a Canadair CRJ-100 commuter aircraft worth millions. Air Canada uses a lot of these for short hop flights between small airports. They are quiet and meet noise regulations for communities nearby. It may be good quality very potent hybrid weed grown legally in one or some of Canada’s legal grow ops. Either way some DR officials are going to enjoy the use of a nice aircraft.
No one ships weed on a plane. It was apparently coke. Heck you want the best weed you drive in into Canada from Northern California through a cursory border check at Pease Arch or Point Robert's

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
No one ships weed on a plane. It was apparently coke. Heck you want the best weed you drive in into Canada from Northern California through a cursory border check at Pease Arch or Point Robert's

My friend who does legitimate specialized communication survey work in the US comes in his Canadian Vehicle, parks it and rents a US rental Yukon, does his work, and occasionally takes a pound of Ukiah's finest back and transfers it from his rental car to his BC licensed vehicle and no mus, no fus.
He's been doing this for 12 years.

I smuggled half a pound of hashish from Switzerland to Saudi Arabia in 1981.

I no longer have those same huevos.
But as Lou Reed sang "Those were different times..."

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
My friend who does legitimate specialized communication survey work in the US comes in his Canadian Vehicle, parks it and rents a US rental Yukon, does his work, and occasionally takes a pound of Ukiah's finest back and transfers it from his rental car to his BC licensed vehicle and no mus, no fus.
He's been doing this for 12 years.

I smuggled half a pound of hashish from Switzerland to Saudi Arabia in 1981.

I no longer have those same huevos.
But as Lou Reed sang "Those were different times..."
Did you move on from that to get an honest working man's job? You mentioned this week about you doing time. Do you still have your old contacts? Asking for a friend 🤣🤣🤣

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
:oops: In Saudi Arabia they lop off heads in the public square for that! Your story there reminds me of the movie Midnight Express.
They don't lop off America's heads but it could have brought serious jail time, that's why I say I wouldn't have the balls to repeat the ignorance of my youth

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Google CTV news Edmonton and the news item on the drug smugglers should come right up. If it doesn’t PM me. checked the site.
Just checked the site. Easiest way to go direct to the latest info is google CTV news Ferraris.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The Canadian authorities seem to be doing a very good job in the investigation of this. Unfortunately, the same can't be said of the Dominican authorities. What news do we hear about airport officials and others that were involved in the attempt to smuggle these drugs? Nothing! I think they prefer to just sweep this under the carpet and pretend it never happened.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
The Canadian authorities seem to be doing a very good job in the investigation of this. Unfortunately, the same can't be said of the Dominican authorities. What news do we hear about airport officials and others that were involved in the attempt to smuggle these drugs? Nothing! I think they prefer to just sweep this under the carpet and pretend it never happened.
If the Canadian traffickers are brought to justice, it will be in Canada. That should be acceptable to the DR justice deoartment. I don’t know if a Canada-Dominican Republic extradition agreement is in place. Even it was I think you’re right. I can’t see the DR justice department requesting an extradition. The whole thing was an embarrassment for the DR and Canada. These are bad dudes linked to other bad actors. A total of 8 people are under investigation at this point. A lot of them have previous criminal records. There is no question they put the Pivot Airlines crew in the their dangerous drug mule position.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If the Canadian traffickers are brought to justice, it will be in Canada. That should be acceptable to the DR justice deoartment. I don’t know if a Canada-Dominican Republic extradition agreement is in place. Even it was I think you’re right. I can’t see the DR justice department requesting an extradition. The whole thing was an embarrassment for the DR and Canada. These are bad dudes linked to other bad actors. A total of 8 people are under investigation at this point. A lot of them have previous criminal records. There is no question they put the Pivot Airlines crew in the their dangerous drug mule position.
What I'm saying is, what do you hear about the Dominican investigation into Dominicans here in the DR that were obviously complicit in the attempt to smuggle these drugs? Crickets!

There are obviously high ups at the airport itself and elsewhere that were part of this drug smuggling operation. The Canadians didn't do this all by themselves.

Reactions: Ecoman1949