Chartered jet retained at PUJ after suspected shipment found on board

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My radical point of view is that this is simply part of the war of the Global North against the Global South - If cocaine, opium/heroin were legalized - the color of the skin of the folks sitting around the table at the World Bank might change overnight.., Afghanis, Bolovians, Mexicans.....(When I first came to the DR - and folks questioned me about "health care" - I said - well - If I can get morphine, cocaine and pot - do I really NEED Medicare).
Radical is right. Very little to do with color of skin, only color of money.

Reactions: mountainannie

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
According to the National Post, the crew will soon be allowed to return to Canada.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
My radical point of view is that this is simply part of the war of the Global North against the Global South - If cocaine, opium/heroin were legalized - the color of the skin of the folks sitting around the table at the World Bank might change overnight.., Afghanis, Bolovians, Mexicans.....(When I first came to the DR - and folks questioned me about "health care" - I said - well - If I can get morphine, cocaine and pot - do I really NEED Medicare).
The new administration a little further south is contemplating the same.
https://www.breitbart.com/crime/202...-of-tax-authority-calls-legalization-cocaine/

Reactions: mountainannie

thompstr

Mar 21, 2018
Just read a story on cbc news as of half hour ago a deal with Dominican was reach, and all 5 are free to go
Mind you it also said they didn't know when

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Sorry for just jumping in on page 10 -- but did they also find and imprison the folks that Chartered the Jet? Or loaded the bags? or was cocaine found all packed up inside the plane? The last story posted made the crew out to be the heroes of the story - not the crooks... (not that it would be THAT strange if that happened - just want to catch up on the plot) thanks...

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Radical is right. Very little to do with color of skin, only color of money.
Well -- most of the guys working at BigPharma in Switzerland are most likely Whtie
and most of the guys cutting coca and opium are pretty swarthy
but now that someone from the SubContinent is PrimeMinister of the UK we can pretty much agree that the Color of Money is all that matters....
And as long as there is an appetite for a drug/service/// it will continue..
The Tax Money would be great...
And then perhaps there would be more $$ available to help with human trafficking....

Not my call, of course.
But it is not the drugs or the money from it going out in a private jet to Ottawa that are fuel the drug trade in the DR
In fact - that entire round-up seems a bit like a slap stick comedy.

It took me only two weeks to tag all the cocaine drop off points from Baharona to Pedernales..

(Last figures I heard were that 15% of all cocaine going to the US & Europe passes through Hispaniola -- and - Haiti's ports are closed now)

But - WOW~~ Good for them for capturing those Dangerous Canadians!!

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Sorry for just jumping in on page 10 -- but did they also find and imprison the folks that Chartered the Jet? Or loaded the bags? or was cocaine found all packed up inside the plane? The last story posted made the crew out to be the heroes of the story - not the crooks... (not that it would be THAT strange if that happened - just want to catch up on the plot) thanks...

You never ever hear of large-scale arrests for drugs leaving DR. Just seizures of large quantities arriving. But when stuff is leaving - and a huge quantity is certainly leaving on board all these hundreds and hundreds of aircraft and now cruise ships - you never hear a squeak of anyone being arrested. So I doubt they will ever (bother to / wish to) find out. It was probably a naughty pelican that had those sacks in its beak and dropped them into the aircraft.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You never ever hear of large-scale arrests for drugs leaving DR. Just seizures of large quantities arriving. But when stuff is leaving - and a huge quantity is certainly leaving on board all these hundreds and hundreds of aircraft and now cruise ships - you never hear a squeak of anyone being arrested. So I doubt they will ever (bother to / wish to) find out. It was probably a naughty pelican that had those sacks in its beak and dropped them into the aircraft.
There was one article that said a security camera showed the drugs being put onboard the aircraft and it wasn't by the pilots or the passengers, yet they were still held here for seven months. Pathetic.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I get the impression that there is a lot of very dodgy stuff that goes on at Dominican airports, and those in charge of the airports are obviously in on the act. A friend of mine worked in immigration at SDQ for a number of years and another friend was a manager at PUJ and the stories they have told me would be hard to believe in any country other than DR.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well -- most of the guys working at BigPharma in Switzerland are most likely Whtie
and most of the guys cutting coca and opium are pretty swarthy
but now that someone from the SubContinent is PrimeMinister of the UK we can pretty much agree that the Color of Money is all that matters....
And as long as there is an appetite for a drug/service/// it will continue..
The Tax Money would be great...
And then perhaps there would be more $$ available to help with human trafficking....

Not my call, of course.
But it is not the drugs or the money from it going out in a private jet to Ottawa that are fuel the drug trade in the DR
In fact - that entire round-up seems a bit like a slap stick comedy.

It took me only two weeks to tag all the cocaine drop off points from Baharona to Pedernales..
# 1 - Are you discussing Politics and Race in Europe in one sentence ? - You might be subject to Sin Bin - more benign comments have gotten me sent there. After all we all want equity.

# 2 - Annie - two weeks to 'tag' all the cocaine drop off points ? Don't pretend you have a clue. You as a gringa don't know, or would be allowed to know what transpires within the DR drug pipelines.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I get the impression that there is a lot of very dodgy stuff that goes on at Dominican airports, and those in charge of the airports are obviously in on the act. A friend of mine worked in immigration at SDQ for a number of years and another friend was a manager at PUJ and the stories they have told me would be hard to believe in any country other than DR.
Not necessarily the ones "in charge" but certainly the lower level managers might be in on the cut to facilitate the baggage smuggling.
All I can say is more dogs, more cameras and more prison time and make it more costly to be a trafficker.

Those opting for making heroin legal have no idea what reducing the stigma of arrest would do. Heroin is as recreational as pot, which isn't an opioid. The same people saying heroin should be legalized are the same ones who blamed Big Pharma for the synthetic opioid epidemic that destroyed lives. (aka Oxycontin). Addicts don't care if it's legal or illegal - they will pursue their highs and self-destruction.

If I wanted be an opioid addict, Demerol would be my drug of choice. After having the bone broken and protruding from my left arm in a horse fall, Demerol sent me to my happy place.

• Haha
Reactions: bob saunders

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
# 1 - Are you discussing Politics and Race in Europe in one sentence ? - You might be subject to Sin Bin - more benign comments have gotten me sent there. After all we all want equity.

# 2 - Annie - two weeks to 'tag' all the cocaine drop off points ? Don't pretend you have a clue. You as a gringa don't know, or would be allowed to know what transpires within the DR drug pipelines.

Stop stirring the pot, she is doing neither, only agreeing with BobS comment that only the color of money matters. Highlighting only half the sentence doesn’t change anything. We have a great team of moderators, let them do their job.