Chartered jet retained at PUJ after suspected shipment found on board

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Truly unbelievable. And to think the authorities had those videos the whole time while the crew was locked up to avoid negative publicity.

This country needs a big cleanup but it's not gonna happen when these things are kept quiet within.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think the 6 or 7 passengers were also detained, but I've never heard what kind of accommodations they got. I assume they've all been released, too. There was really very little news coverage that I ever heard about them(?).

Reactions: Howeller63

Howeller63

Jun 17, 2017
I think the 6 or 7 passengers were also detained, but I've never heard what kind of accommodations they got. I assume they've all been released, too. There was really very little news coverage that I ever heard about them(?).
Yes wondering the same!

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
I would focus on them to get to the bottom of who was behind this. But it's interesting that they're not talking.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
My spidey sense is suggesting to me that some, if not all, of the passengers are involved, one way or another.
There was a previous flight contracted by the same non existant company on which three of the four passengers on board appear to have been previously charged with drug possession/intent to distribute.
One of those was also on the second flight.
The lawyer for the passengers, who was interviewed on the CTV W5 Cocaine Cargo show, came across a little cagey...in my opinion.
The questions about how these passengers came to be on board the Pivot flight, what their connection was to the company (non-existent) that contracted the flight were rebuffed by the lawyer.
There are also some questions about the senior ramp manager at the ground services company in yyz.
There probably is an ongoing RCMP investigation but up "til now...nobody is talking.
The gangs profitable route and game plan EXPOSED.
Their golden egg laying goose just got cooked.
If the gang involved is looking for vengeance...the crew will probably be pretty uncomfortable, even now that they are back in Canada.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
They were detained, and sounds like they spend longer than the flight crew in jail. When they were released from jail they were in private accommodation. But I don't know whether Pivot paid for it or whether they had to pay for it themselves. https://www.narcity.com/calgary/cal...me-after-being-held-in-the-dominican-republic

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They were detained, and sounds like they spend longer than the flight crew in jail. When they were released from jail they were in private accommodation. But I don't know whether Pivot paid for it or whether they had to pay for it themselves. https://www.narcity.com/calgary/cal...me-after-being-held-in-the-dominican-republic
The article said that only one passenger was an employee of the company that chartered the plane, a company that apparently doesn't even exist, and no mention of what the relationship between the passengers was - friends(?). Sounds fishy.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
The article said that only one passenger was an employee of the company that chartered the plane, a company that apparently doesn't even exist, and no mention of what the relationship between the passengers was - friends(?). Sounds fishy.
I agree--sounds very fishy. In the videos (at the top of the article) Avery noted that the passengers were instructed by their lawyer not to discuss their connections to each other in Canada. But the two passengers interviewed said their families had to take out money to support their living costs for the past several months. So how did they afford a private jet over $100k CAD and a private villa at several thousand per night? And who books a private jet for 50 people when there are less than 10 travelling?

Reactions: cavok

siamesepat

Jun 24, 2019
Now that W5 has exposed some of what's going on here. The bigger question is should the Canadian government take steps to protect Canadians thinking of visiting this country? It could be something as simple as a travel advisory.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I agree--sounds very fishy. In the videos (at the top of the article) Avery noted that the passengers were instructed by their lawyer not to discuss their connections to each other in Canada. But the two passengers interviewed said their families had to take out money to support their living costs for the past several months. So how did they afford a private jet over $100k CAD and a private villa at several thousand per night? And who books a private jet for 50 people when there are less than 10 travelling?
Then there is the one passenger who after spending all that money to charter a private jet decided he didn't like the DR and flew back a couple days early. Hmmmmm...................

• Wow
Reactions: AlaPlaya

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
After seeing the video - It is obvious that slimy Vick and 'Trust Capital' had everything to due with setting up the charter flights for drug smuggling and one or more of those 4 passengers, with previous drug distribution cases, were most likely involved with bringing in cash to arrange a buy and getting it into the airport and into the avionics bay.

My question is there were two flights on this plane via Trust Capital - did the first flight return succeed with a cocaine load undetected.

In any event the drug running business is connected at least to airport officials and, with almost little doubt, government officials and some corrupt law enforcement agencies in DR - maybe some on the Canada end too.

But there should be no illusions after
Lindsay's case and this case. Gringos are just soft targets in DR for fleecing. And your life is not of value. Make yourself as small a target as possible. Those pilots and crew that interrupted the load had reason to fear for their lives.

There's another thread about the dangers of Haitians in DR. Haitians are not the ones in control the corrupt justice system here. Dominicans have some long tentacles and long history of criminal activity. Forewarned is forearmed.

And yes Canada should issue an advisory, warning of the justice system here and the danger and that Canada will do little for its citizens.