Chat Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Just got back

Does anyone know of a chat room where I can talk to people that are living in DR?

D

DR1

This is in the process of being developed, I will have more info later this week. We are putting together a schedule of topics.

Rob.

T

Thank You

That is great! I meet so many people and I can't wait to chat live with them. Thanks

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We had it here in the past. It was called the US politcal thread in the Off Topic section. Both are long gone now but where absoutley hiliaious. You could not type fast enough to keep up.

The new owners of DR1 banned It as they didn't like the negativity. Good luck with a chat room :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Im sure it will be all positive and huggy feely with no negative or political statements.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Facebook forums have replaced the need.
Winded, Febu is a dinosaur btw sir. It's main function these days is to draw simple minded market segments to various service providers and product vendors. Leads from social media sites are captured and flow into SaaS marketing software and appended to CRMs and dialing lists which are also used to blast SMS, email etc as well as phone calls.

That said, DR1, besides a great news source for expats, is a community where many of us would enjoy a chat as we are already congregating around specific topics. Chat conversations may lead to further insight on existing topics which would help us generate better content for viewers.

The forum needs good content. Content needs to be attractive, not like getting an enema. If the site has no viewership, then we can shut it down.

Reactions: Meemselle

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I see you haven't found the expat group on FB yet.
There are many different expat groups on FB. I have limited it to following just one.

I guess the attraction on a platform like dr1 is the anonymity some posters enjoy.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Nobody uses Fayboo, that is like asking about MySpace, I bet you remember MySpace and AOL?
Right. I am sure there are other social media platforms, but there are two or three people still using FB.
MANY DR related groups exist in FB.

My first internet connection was dial up using AOL. Never used MySpace.

Status
Not open for further replies.