Chicago Dominicans

this is an old post, but i was just very curious since i've had a couple of friends from chicago, and it seems like the latinos there are mostly mexican with a few other groups represented here and there, but only marginally. thanks for the information. living in florida, and growing up in ny, i'm kinda spoiled in that there are so many neighborhoods with lots of ppl similar to myself. it was hard for me in philly (not too many latinos in PA); i'm pretty sure that Illinois has similar demographics. thanks for the share.

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
el sitio is 1255 north pulaski (773) 486-8977.saturday's are their tropical night.peter is the owner he is from the southwest part of the Dominican Republic.i am irish and and ive been there plenty of times to eat and drink.as he told me everyone is invited.come! if you feel unsafe i'm sure the whole bar would walk you to your car if ya asked.very nice place and very nice people dam good food also.definitely can practice your dancing there.music is loud just like being at the corner colmado.
i like the restaurant sabor tropical at 3330 West North Avenue, Chicago (773) 395-0804.i like it on sundays great atmosphere.watch dominican television stations while u eat.good food.
peter from el sitio is highly knowledgable of all the salons and stores in the town.check it out during the day stop in have a drink practice your spanish.

JP10

Aug 17, 2011
Just moved here from Atlanta, GA and searching for a Dominican hair salon in or near the western suburbs (i.e., Melrose Park, Bolingbrook, Aurora, Lombard, etc.) Thanks.

JP10

Aug 17, 2011
Just read your post. Did you ever get a # for Lucia? I just moved here from Atlanta, GA and I'm looking for a hair stylst. Thanks

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Just read your post. Did you ever get a # for Lucia? I just moved here from Atlanta, GA and I'm looking for a hair stylst. Thanks

There are a bunch of salons in hp! Santo Domingo on Armitage is one of them