Chicken prices and the Minister of Industry and Commerce

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So was out visiting a rabbit "farm" ( yeah dont ask.....), stopped at parada jhoann at maimon......
Cotorra 120 pesos la lb.
Darcoo (??) )110 pesos la lb.
Cleaned of course.......

Cheaper than chicken....... yeah, yeah.....
The minister probably thinks gasolona is 50 pesos a gallon, too........

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i will admit i have no clue how much does petrol cost. i go to the gas station and fill up the car. the price is irrelevant, in a way. it's not like it's gonna make a difference, the car cannot run on air.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
i will admit i have no clue how much does petrol cost. i go to the gas station and fill up the car. the price is irrelevant, in a way. it's not like it's gonna make a difference, the car cannot run on air.

I always half full the tank. 2000 pesos. I admit that I have no idea of price per gallon. But my bet is that is more or less 200 pesos.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I always half full the tank. 2000 pesos. I admit that I have no idea of price per gallon. But my bet is that is more or less 200 pesos.

TARIFAS COMBUSTIBLES
Gasolina Premium: 266.90
Gasolina Regular 250.50
Gasoil / Di?sel Premium 221.20
Gasoil / Di?sel Regular 214.20
Gas Licuado de Petroleo 110.00
Gas Natural Veh?cular 34.50
Avtur 158.20

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Now if we could get the poultry producers to stop injecting so much water into the meat!!!!
A "Meaty Thigh" before cooking becomes a TINY one after!
Not to mention all the water in the package when you buy it!
I poke a hole in the plastic wrap with my finger, dump out the water, complain about the "Hole",and have it re packaged and re weighed.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

malko

Jan 12, 2013
I was on a Newyork-santiago flight in july, I was sitting next to a charmimg lady who's family was in the chicken buisness in santiago.:)

Maybe she is a poster on dr1......

May 29, 2006
Now if we could get the poultry producers to stop injecting so much water into the meat!!!!
A "Meaty Thigh" before cooking becomes a TINY one after!
Not to mention all the water in the package when you buy it!
I poke a hole in the plastic wrap with my finger, dump out the water, complain about the "Hole",and have it re packaged and re weighed.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You get water loss when the meat is frozen then thawed more than from "plumping" with saline. If the meat is greyish in color instead of a rosy pink, then it's been frozen or had water added. Brining the chicken for about an hour in salt water will pull out excess water through osmosis.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"DAD", if you ever saw, or "Smelled", a DR "Chicken Farm" you would see they are similar to those in the USA.
EXCEPT, no sanitation, ventilation, etc.
"DR" chickens would love to get a "VISA" to enter a USA Chicken Farm!
But then, so would all the people!

Have you noticed that the eggs here have "Paper Thin" shells, that's due to foor quality feed.
I had 30 "Free Range" chickens for many years here.
Great meat, REAL eggs!
They ate up all my attempts at a garden, so we ate Them all up!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Peter, I don't want to PAY for the "Excess Water", not Remove it!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
She does her own shopping, I've accompanied her more than once :)

oh, you know the gal who wrote this? was the idea behind it to show alternative to chikun or just talk about foods high in protein? coz helpful to a normal dominican it ain't.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
oh, you know the gal who wrote this? was the idea behind it to show alternative to chikun or just talk about foods high in protein? coz helpful to a normal dominican it ain't.
She is smart and has an evil sense of humour, you would like her! The article is fine. It starts off by making some valid points about the need for nutritional education. The alternatives to chicken that she lists include some foods that are both affordable and eaten by most Dominicans like sardines, eggs, beans, vegetables, oats and wheat, but remember she is writing for a mainly middle class audience, hence the mentions of more exotic and expensive items like Greek yogurt and quinoa.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"JD" for the price, they ain't too bad!
"Salty" like everything here.
Try the "Lider" brand of sardines at "National".
I have a can most days.
Lots of protein and "Omega 3's".
25 pesos when on sale.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
She is smart and has an evil sense of humour, you would like her! The article is fine. It starts off by making some valid points about the need for nutritional education.

hopefully we can meet one day. suggest that maybe she can poke some fun at the minister and write an article with real low cost suggestions on how to stretch one's budget and prepare substantial meal at less cost.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Are those any good? I'm a big Sardine lover, but I'm a little hesitant to buy those.

I used to buy them years ago for the dogs...... yeah dominican dogs are sardine fan.....
Before there was a couple by tin...... nowadays there is only 2 0r 3 in a tin !!!! So domt be disappointed.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Paco Fish" brand also comes in "Picante" for a little "Kick"!
"JD" I'll save some "Lider Sardines" to have with some cigars!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC