Chickens on hormones

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
you can buy free range (pollo creola) chickens many places. you can see the difference in the color of the meat. Since the price of these chickens is so much higher, some enterprising individuals will soak the farm raised chicken (pollo gringo) in a red dye to make it look like free range. If you want to be sure you need to watch them butcher yourself.

on the other hand it is cheaper than a boob job for the ladies..

I have also wondered if the high hormone content is causing the increase of diabetes cases in recent years?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hey, the mystery of my DD solved! it was the chicken all along!

i once read in london papers that supermarket chicken is so sfuffed with beef proteins it shoud be called "beef produce with chicken taste"....

i am not worried at all - chicken is a chicken, never understood all this crap about buying organic. tastes the same to my peasant palate :cheeky:

as to the bras - do not get me started. hell, women here have huge tits and they find a bra that fits them and i can't?! :eek:gre:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
People like bodybuilders who take anabolica (testosterone) can face similar problems because some of the excess testosterone will aromtize to estrogen, then they have to fight water retention and growing breast tissue (bitch tits).

... J-D.
Old school, JD. Bodybuilders juicing take Proviron specifically to counter the estrogen effect. I haven't seen "bitch tits" for 15 years, and I've hung around more than my share of gyms and athletes. Heck, I took dianabol 30 years ago to compete with the college and pro athletes that also took it.

Additionally, men produce more estrogen as they age. Older guys get "bitch tits" because of that. Proviron also arrests this.

Just a little edumacation...

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Does anybody know where I can buy 'drug free' chickens in the Sosua area?

Also, nobody has really answered my question regarding the small size of the 'drugged' up chickens. The biggest chickens available in the local supermarkets are approx 3lb in weight. What's the point of pumping the chickens full of drugs if that's as big as they grow? If they're given growth hormones surely they'd be bigger and if they're given oestrogen based drugs, I imagine they'd be bigger because of the water retention, as in the UK.

In the UK the supermarket chickens are much bigger than this and are quite watery and tasteless. By comparison the supermarket chickens here have a much better flavour and are not so 'watery'. Why the difference? Would it be the breed or are they using different drugs or different quantities of drugs? Surely the chickens can't be so small to start off with that 3lb is the maximum weight that can be achieved with drugs? I would have thought that would make it hardly worth it for the farmer. Wouldn't the pattern of normal 'Dominican Enterprise' ensure that they 'took it to the max'........

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Old school, JD. Bodybuilders juicing take Proviron specifically to counter the estrogen effect. I haven't seen "bitch tits" for 15 years, and I've hung around more than my share of gyms and athletes. Heck, I took dianabol 30 years ago to compete with the college and pro athletes that also took it.

Additionally, men produce more estrogen as they age. Older guys get "bitch tits" because of that. Proviron also arrests this.

Just a little edumacation...

You are absolutely right CoralBoy.
Today the drug of choice woud be Arimidex... 100% effective antiaromatase... instead of Estrogen blockers... which saves some free test too.
I mentioned Bodybuilding because the OP mentioned his hopes in getting juiced up like Arnold from eating juiced up chicken. Also you may read that I used the word "can" in reference to my mention of side effects relative to excess test.
You are also right about the side effects of getting old, of course...

Still, chicken is one of highest biovalue protein around, sadly also with some of the highest concentration of bad fats (including bad cholesterol).

... J-D.

C

Chip00

You are absolutely right CoralBoy.
Today the drug of choice woud be Arimidex... 100% effective antiaromatase... instead of Estrogen blockers... which saves some free test too.
I mentioned Bodybuilding because the OP mentioned his hopes in getting juiced up like Arnold from eating juiced up chicken. Also you may read that I used the word "can" in reference to my mention of side effects relative to excess test.
You are also right about the side effects of getting old, of course...

Still, chicken is one of highest biovalue protein around, sadly also with some of the highest concentration of bad fats (including bad cholesterol).

... J-D.

Says who - I was just trying to be funny.:) I would never take steriods because I know what they do to one's body. Also, what 42 yr old would want to take steriods? I quit caring about trying to impress people a long time ago with my looks after I finally figured out it was a dead end road being that I am so damn ugly!!!!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
Does anybody know where I can buy 'drug free' chickens in the Sosua area?

Also, nobody has really answered my question regarding the small size of the 'drugged' up chickens. The biggest chickens available in the local supermarkets are approx 3lb in weight. What's the point of pumping the chickens full of drugs if that's as big as they grow? If they're given growth hormones surely they'd be bigger and if they're given oestrogen based drugs, I imagine they'd be bigger because of the water retention, as in the UK.

In the UK the supermarket chickens are much bigger than this and are quite watery and tasteless. By comparison the supermarket chickens here have a much better flavour and are not so 'watery'. Why the difference? Would it be the breed or are they using different drugs or different quantities of drugs? Surely the chickens can't be so small to start off with that 3lb is the maximum weight that can be achieved with drugs? I would have thought that would make it hardly worth it for the farmer. Wouldn't the pattern of normal 'Dominican Enterprise' ensure that they 'took it to the max'........

First, they (the chicken) are not being given GH (growth hormone). A shot of GH would be more expensive as the chicken itself... and would reduce fat content too. They are given Estrogens for it's side effect of water retention only... that's why it will shrink in your frying pan... the water is evaporating (so is part of the money you paid for the meat). It's just to put more weigth on the scale comes selling time.

In Europe chicken lives for 20-some days... so growth (weight gaining) is accelerated. I agree with you, chicken is better here... I am told by an ex-farmer that in big production they live for 40-some days... slower growth = better meat.

I would not bet on that some free roaming campo chicken could or would not likely be "on" something too. You may have seen the several veterinarian stores around, which typically carry big layout of all sorts of drugs. The climate is ideal for many sickness', especially in chicken and pork and people here have no problem feeding their animals with what ever bears some distant promise of cure or prevention.
Big indoor-production chicken and pork MUST be on antibacterial treatment, especiallya around here of it will die or make you sick.

But I must say that I like th food here... even some supermarket chicken has great taste.

Be also not fooled to think that hormones and antibiotics are only used in this or "these" countries... they are or have been used in most countries, developed ones to and that may also include most countries where most of us come from. CONTROL may be an different issue/problem in this and similar countries however.

... J-D.

Last edited:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
Says who?
"Am I going to start looking like Arnold at some point and what about my two little girls???

Yes, that was funny Chip, but based on the general assumption that it was testosterone or some kind of growth hormone found in meat. I just used it to make several points, at times jokingly too. I hope you don't mind.

BTW. For those who like to think that "back home" all things are sooo right:
20 million chickens held because of feed. on yahoo news today.

Bon apetit! ... J-D.

Sep 19, 2005
after I finally figured out it was a dead end road being that I am so damn ugly!!!!

I want to say thank you on behalf of all our members for taking the pressure off us to comment on your mug... ha ha ha ha

and we will do all we can to make sure your wife doesnt get those new glasses

bob

C

Chip00

I want to say thank you on behalf of all our members for taking the pressure off us to comment on your mug... ha ha ha ha

and we will do all we can to make sure your wife doesnt get those new glasses

bob

Tanks Bob - you're a swell pal!!!!