Child Custody Issue

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
No I wasn't being rude, no matter what you think!

Jozee74 said:
That was totally uncalled for, so because she will be a single parent you are saying she cant support her child?...........give me a break that was a rude remark for every hard working single parent out here that supports their child or children with no support from the government.

Re-read the original post! She's 8 months pregnant having lived the last 2 years in the DR in poverty conditions that she doesn't want her child to live in (who was fathered by a man unable to support the two children he already has).

My two best friends are single mothers (both divorced with dead beat ex-husbands who didn't support their children) who BOTH raised their children without once ever availing themselves of social assistance. However they didn't arrive in Canada 8 months pregnant after a two year stay outside the country (and even if the OP was working in the DR those of us who live here KNOW what type of wages are earned). Supposing that the OP was independently wealthy and so could support her child at least in the early months of the childs life (and until the child is born) I doubt greatly that she would have become pregnant by the afore-mentioned father.
Therefore I must assume as HB did that although she has "feelings" for the father (thus willing to have him raise the child in Canada should anything happen to her) "Dad" was really just a stud as he has no hopes of ever fullfilling his role as a father.

Call me hard if you wish but I'm a realist and call it like I see it and what I see so far is that my tax $$$$ WILL be supporting this child at least for the near future!

Last edited: