Child marriage banned, new government cabinet to bolster women, teenagers and children rights

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Unfortunately on a global scale,
this effort is just a drop in the ocean
as child bride's are a part of several
different culture's to our east.

Cultture is often used as an excuse, child sex/rape should always be illegal, it was also a claim in RD that if you were HIV pos if you had sex with a vigiin you would be cured. Quakery

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
The new administration are making the right noises when it comes to this issue, along with action on femicide and reform of the abortion laws. Let's hope it's not all hot air.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The new administration are making the right noises when it comes to this issue, along with action on femicide and reform of the abortion laws. Let's hope it's not all hot air.
I doubt too many of these "men" will be thinking about new rules, laws and reforms
while raping young girls or murdering them afterwards. Problem is too many of these
"men" are being raised by mommy and don't have a stable father figure in their lives
teaching them how handle themselves like men. What you end up with is a bunch of
grown men who are emotionally challenged and tend to act out like children when something
doesn't go their way. Add to this the societal pressure of always being "mocho" and
you have a recipe for disaster.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Northern Canada...I had no idea that problem was up there, as I am from northern Minnesota and there this problem is not common.....
This is 1000+ miles from Minnesota, so a long ways. Not the border or your average Canadian town.
Teen pregnancy rates are very high amongst many Native American groups in the US as well.

Just like in the DR, it’s a result of a lack of education and poverty. About 5 years ago there was girl on the same block as my in laws who disappeared for a month with her novio (mid 20s), and came back pregnant. The police were involved but I don’t remember how much help they were. It was all quite scandalous. She had a baby a month after she turned 15. The baby is mostly raised by her grandmother, and so the cycle repeats itself. The world over.

Reactions: USA DOC

althebeast

Mar 26, 2020
La Romana
Man, did I have to dig to find that. It was on yesterday's facebook.

By the way, I finally found it by searching for "11 años"

There are some sick individuals on FB, and I'm surprised FB doesn't shut them down
That's just sick, I'm happy the new goverment is working better than the other ones. I guess their only thing was about money and nada mas :)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That's just sick, I'm happy the new goverment is working better than the other ones. I guess their only thing was about money and nada mas :)

I see your smileyface but I gotta tell ya, I know a lot of people who work in the govt. who would be offended by that statement.
There are people in the govt. who are there for the money (via corruption) but many more are just as disgusted with corruption as everyone else.
And there are definitely more corrupt persons who are not govt. employees.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've never understood why the international age of consent is not unanimous. Would be better for all
in my opinion.. and no, I'm not in favor
of globalization.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Cultture is often used as an excuse, child sex/rape should always be illegal, it was also a claim in RD that if you were HIV pos if you had sex with a vigiin you would be cured. Quakery
I've lived here non stop since March 2011 from barrios like CristoRey in SD, to the campo to the beach and back to the city. In my 9 years of living here not once have I ever heard someone say or repeat such a ridiculous claim. Sounds more like something you'd hear in Nigeria than the DR.

• Love

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I've lived here non stop since March 2011 from barrios like CristoRey in SD, to the campo to the beach and back to the city. In my 9 years of living here not once have I ever heard someone say or repeat such a ridiculous claim. Sounds more like something you'd hear in Nigeria than the DR.

When I was living there full time one of the ministers in the government claimed this nonsense, he was having sex with an underage girl

• Wow

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

I don't think the scotster has set foot in the DR. No one would say something that stupid.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
In Scott’s defence, there are many Dominican superstitions that seem absurd. That one seems out there but they often are...

I wasn’t supposed to wash my hair for one week after I had my sons, but I could bathe. Cutting my hair or dying my hair was also to be done only at certain times. Lots of odd ones around babies as well, especially when they are sick.

There are dozens more, mostly from my husbands abuela but his mother to a lesser degree too. That’s a different topic that is easy to search on DR1.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Between 2009 and 2014, don't remember the minister but it was a big fuss at the time

This seems to be a pretty broad brush accusation.
Perhaps you would like to fact check your assertions before bringing them to a public web forum.
Which minister?
What year?

Reactions: CristoRey

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
In Scott’s defence, there are many Dominican superstitions that seem absurd. That one seems out there but they often are...

I wasn’t supposed to wash my hair for one week after I had my sons, but I could bathe. Cutting my hair or dying my hair was also to be done only at certain times. Lots of odd ones around babies as well, especially when they are sick.

There are dozens more, mostly from my husbands abuela but his mother to a lesser degree too. That’s a different topic that is easy to search on DR1.
Yes I have been hearing those same superstitions for years from my first wife (Dominican)if you lay down after eating you will die.. if you have sex after eating you are dead...Well it looks like if you want to eat or have sex your a dead man.. I should be dead a thousand times.....and the problems about dying after washing your hair or taking a shower are far to complicated to even think about.........

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

The salt on the roof to melt the witches always gets me. And the media even reporting on reports of flying witches.