China Wants To Improve It's Vaccine Before Giving To Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2004
The Chinese are already giving it to their people - 167 million so far according to this source:

And as the article points out, the Chinese people are dubious, and rightfully so, of both the vaccine's safety and efficacy.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
And as the article points out, the Chinese people are dubious, and rightfully so, of both the vaccine's safety and efficacy.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
People in every country are dubious of the vaccines regardless of which company makes them. Efficacy is a pretty much meaningless metric.

Jan 9, 2004
Efficacy is a pretty much meaningless metric.

Agreed.

And it certainly is meaningless............if the Chinese government put it out............which is why so many who are waiting and reluctant in China to take the vaccine............fail to understand those people who blindly followed the "best vaccine you can get...........is the one you can get" crowd logic.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Agreed.

And it certainly is meaningless............if the Chinese government put it out............which is why so many who are waiting and reluctant in China to take the vaccine............fail to understand those people who blindly followed the "best vaccine you can get...........is the one you can get" crowd logic.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Actually, until the recent post by the equivalent of the CDC in China, I have never seen any efficacy numbers from the Chinese. The efficacy numbers were published as a result of trials in Brazil, Turkey, and Indonesia(others?)

Jan 9, 2004
Actually, until the recent post by the equivalent of the CDC in China, I have never seen any efficacy numbers from the Chinese. The efficacy numbers were published as a result of trials in Brazil, Turkey, and Indonesia(others?)
And those efficacy numbers often disagree from one day to the next........to wit;

Which is exactly why I concur with you..............that they are really meaningless. So if that is the case, what are people basing their decisions to take the vaccine(s) on since there really have been no thorough studies done on efficacy or safety to get full approval..........only emergency use authorizations.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
China with going on one and a half Billion people.....thats a lot of Dubiousness.........

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Next in the vaccine line up will be boosters.

Should be easy to boost up the Sinovac.
Can the developers mix the Covid vaccine and the annual flu shot in one?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
And those efficacy numbers often disagree from one day to the next........to wit;

Which is exactly why I concur with you..............that they are really meaningless. So if that is the case, what are people basing their decisions to take the vaccine(s) on since there really have been no thorough studies done on efficacy or safety to get full approval..........only emergency use authorizations.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
At this point, I think one has to compare possible risks to benefits based on actual reports and news. It's easy to come to different conclusions.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
The end result of Common Core Math.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
One of our teachers tested positive yesterday, and she had her first shot of Sinovac 26 days ago.
Thanks Bob this is the kind of first hand news I am hoping for from DR1.Can you tell us more......is she seriously ill? Approximate age?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks Bob this is the kind of first hand news I am hoping for from DR1.Can you tell us more......is she seriously ill? Approximate age?
She said she feels the same as a bad cold, definitely a raspy voice. She is at home. 26 and very fit, non smoker and non drinker. Just got married to a Dominican guy that lives in the USA so probably the small wedding gathering is where she caught it.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
No vaccine of any kind or disease can stop ALL infections. The point of getting the vaccine is not to have any serious effects if you do get it. And so far all of the vaccines out there and Sinovac included are doing just that.

And in the DR Sinovac is doing even better than just that.

Jan 9, 2004
At this point, I think one has to compare possible risks to benefits based on actual reports and news. It's easy to come to different conclusions.
And concurring again with you, one does have to compare/weigh the risks and rewards on actual reports and news. But therein lies the problem. Whose data and whose news is to believed.

Given China's prior track record regarding the data/news on the virus, with conflicting efficacy reports seemingly almost daily, no independent long term studies on its safety. it is an easy decision for me personally to make. Others may come to a different conclusion.

But the most absurd statement made to date has been "the best vaccine you can get.....is the one you can get."

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You're pointing the finger at some of the highest disease officials in the world when you say that.

But the most absurd statement made to date has been "the best vaccine you can get.....is the one you can get."

Reactions: drstock

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You're pointing the finger at some of the highest disease officials in the world when you say that.

Who cares about people living in a cubicle in the US and posting rhetoric that does not conform to this board anyway? Bottom line is the Dominican Republic is doing a great job getting out a vaccine that is WORKING for what it is supposed to do. Prevent hospitalization and deaths.....................

This forum is for the Dominican Republic to the people who have trouble in reading comprehension.........

Status
Not open for further replies.