China Wants To Improve It's Vaccine Before Giving To Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
3,000,000 people have died with Covid in a little more than a year. Wait 2 or 3 more years now , or go ahead with vaccines that have kept people from dying NOW?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
NYTimes

4. The global death toll from Covid-19 surpassed 3 million.​
The U.S., Brazil and Mexico lead the world in Covid-19 deaths, according to a Times database. Infections globally total more than 140 million. The world did not record one million deaths until Sept. 28, 2020, but there were two million by Jan. 15, less than four months later. And the third million took just three months.​
All through the last year, Pacific Rim countries staved off disaster through an array of strict public health measures. Now they are among the slowest in the developed world in vaccinating their residents. The delays risk unwinding their relative successes and postponing economic recoveries.​

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
3,000,000 people have died with Covid in a little more than a year. Wait 2 or 3 more years now , or go ahead with vaccines that have kept people from dying NOW?
Simply a matter of personal choice.I don't think for a moment that those that are sitting on a fence have not spent a lot of sleepless night overmaking this decision. This can be, truly, a decision of life or death and even that.......has not been decided.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Wrong about what?

That the efficacy of the Chinese vaccine is all over the place, that no long term studies have been done on the safety of the vaccine?

My question to you, which you have so unartfully dodged, still stands..............................and do you mean to insinuate that those officials could not be wrong?

Reading comprehension.................goes a long way. I never insinuated that I knew more than them..................only that they really do not know..........and just as millions have rolled up their sleeves and believed that "the best vaccine you can get.........is the one you can get," there are millions more who remain unconvinced.......including Chinese citizens.

Those of us who continue to wait for better data/studies salute and thank those of you who are in essence................vaccine pioneers.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

UnArtful Dodger here.....

Could the officials be wrong ??!!

Everybody & Anybody can be wrong (present company included)

I find it a puerile question - How long is piece of string !??

Life is a series of calculated choices, not much is 'definite'/for sure
\
Death is certain... we know it
How? When ? How?... tough to figure
But we live our lives every day, trying to avoid it
Seat belts, no jaywalking, being careful in our daily lives....and more

I am reflexive/instinctive by nature... I weigh my chances & choices unknowingly (it seems)

But if/when I do deliberate, I value an accredited opinion.... not some internet blabber
I suppose I add that to my own library and decide on going forward - how to proceed
YES, there are things I ignore - go my own way..... my choice, hopefully an educated one

So far - so good ... still on this side of the grass

As for this pandemic....
I felt rather useless - even pathetic - for not being able to react well enough to satisfy myself that I was doing enough to protect myself and my friends & family.
Now I do
I was giddy after the vaccine, whether b/c I got it or that I beat the system (no line - no wait)

As I see it.... the results speak for themselves.... countries that responded appropriately are doing well
Others - not so well

So, respectful PlayaCaribe2,
please allow me - and others- to proceed as we wish... and you do the same

I don't like answering your question- it seems self serving -
As in -- Tell me I am right !! They can be wrong !!

But I appreciate the introspective you caused me - I am not that type of person....
As I said - instinctive & reflexive.....

I hope this satisfies your curiosity -- and ego.

Respectfully
Wm Webster,

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Today's DR1 News

Adulterated alcoholic drinks, some disguised as legitimate brands, have killed more than 300 persons. The drinks are killing more people a day than Covid-19, or around 15 a day, as reported in the media. The Ministry of Public Health has issued an alert to the population to stay away from beverages that do not have the required sanitation registration. Most of the victims are people in Greater Santo Domingo. The drinks are attractively packaged and are sold in colmados.

==========================

Seems there other problems - besides CV19

Jan 9, 2004
So, respectful PlayaCaribe2,
please allow me - and others- to proceed as we wish... and you do the same

Allow you to proceed? You have already proceeded and no one stopped you........and thank you for allowing others to proceed in a manner they choose in what clearly is a contrary opinion.
I don't like answering your question- it seems self serving -
As in -- Tell me I am right !! They can be wrong !!

And you are free not to answer.........no long diatribe is/was necessary......unless of course............
But I appreciate the introspective you caused me - I am not that type of person....
As I said - instinctive & reflexive.....

I hope this satisfies your curiosity -- and ego.

Respectfully
Wm Webster,

Glad you enjoyed your introspection time.

Perhaps you can leave the personal aside and focus on responding to/about the original post and not a poster.....as so many seem/want to do.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
Yeah, pretty much every company and country wants to improve the quality of the vaccines and stop stop the clotting as well.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Back to the subject matter at hand:

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Efficacy alone is a very poor basis on which to decide whether or not to take the vaccine, especially if you're in a high risk group and it's the only one available. Brazil is but one of 5 countries that have done trials. The other 4 countries have had better results - even if not as good as Pfizer or Moderna.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Efficacy alone is a very poor basis on which to decide whether or not to take the vaccine, especially if you're in a high risk group and it's the only one available. Brazil is but one of 5 countries that have done trials. The other 4 countries have had better results - even if not as good as Pfizer or Moderna.

my concern is that we will never hear the truth from the chinese company/govt

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
my concern is that we will never hear the truth from the chinese company/govt
We may never hear directly from China but the other countries that are relying on the Chinese vaccine can and have published some data on their experiences using the vaccine. Since many here do not trust China or anything that Govt has to say, it is the statements from these other countries that we will have to use going forward. It is unlikely that the DR will set up and pay for formal trials or data collection on the use of Sinovac here. The DR Govt is even less likely to publish anything that would call into question the usefulness of Sinovac since that is pretty much all this country had made available to the general public. We seem to be in another vaccination lull here these days. No new "pop-up" Clinics for 1st or 2nds shots seem to be happening in my general vicinity so it is likely "we" are in a period of waiting for more doses to arrive in country. What eventually comes here will most likely be more Chinese vaccines from China and the WHO program. When this will happen and when the DR can begin to progress through the various plan stages again is anyone's guess. The majority of those under 65 are still waiting for their turn. Maybe someday before a third shot becomes necessary...

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Back to the subject matter at hand:

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
The last sentence in this article seems to point to the benefits of receiving the Sinovac vaccine and what I consider to be the reasoning behind why people are choosing to receive it themselves. I am sure the Chinese vaccines can probably be made more effective and likely will be in time be but for now it is what it is and appears to offer some benefit to those who contract Covid.

Jan 9, 2004

Understood and agreed.

So if efficacy is a very poor basis on which to decide whether or not to take the vaccine, on what facts did people knowingly and willingly already take the Sinovac vaccine?

It has not yet been approved by regulators for emergency use in Canada, US, or EU. Yet citizens of those countries/regions line up elsewhere to willingly take the Sinovac. I still await something more than the best vaccine you can get/take....is the one you can get." But if you follow that quote out, was he referring to any and all vaccines..........or just the ones approved for emergency use authorization?

I think Cdn Gringo alluded above on part of why, when he said:

"The DR Govt is even less likely to publish anything that would call into question the usefulness of Sinovac since that is pretty much all this country had made available to the general public."

The 5 countries that have put out efficacy studies and praising the vaccine have all relied for the most part on the benevolence of China.........and thus they likely do not wish to incur the wrath of the Chinese government at possibly suspending shipment to them.

But that hardly qualifies as valid rationale to just go along to get along...........but that is certainly what appears to be the case.

Given their record of lies and deception from the beginning of the pandemic, I have yet to find valid reasons to take/trust the Sinovac vaccine or any of the myriad of other vaccines coming out of China.

Which harkens back to the question posed above.............if not blind faith in the efficacy data (which is poor) on what facts did people knowingly and willingly already take the Sinovac vaccine?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Understood and agreed.

So if efficacy is a very poor basis on which to decide whether or not to take the vaccine, on what facts did people knowingly and willingly already take the Sinovac vaccine?

It has not yet been approved by regulators for emergency use in Canada, US, or EU. Yet citizens of those countries/regions line up elsewhere to willingly take the Sinovac. I still await something more than the best vaccine you can get/take....is the one you can get." But if you follow that quote out, was he referring to any and all vaccines..........or just the ones approved for emergency use authorization?

I think Cdn Gringo alluded above on part of why, when he said:

"The DR Govt is even less likely to publish anything that would call into question the usefulness of Sinovac since that is pretty much all this country had made available to the general public."

The 5 countries that have put out efficacy studies and praising the vaccine have all relied for the most part on the benevolence of China.........and thus they likely do not wish to incur the wrath of the Chinese government at possibly suspending shipment to them.

But that hardly qualifies as valid rationale to just go along to get along...........but that is certainly what appears to be the case.

Given their record of lies and deception from the beginning of the pandemic, I have yet to find valid reasons to take/trust the Sinovac vaccine or any of the myriad of other vaccines coming out of China.

Which harkens back to the question posed above.............if not blind faith in the efficacy data (which is poor) on what facts did people knowingly and willingly already take the Sinovac vaccine?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
And what percentage would survive or have few or no symptoms without any vaccine? That is something we will never know. I applaud your stamina Playacaribe2. After over 10 years on this forum, I consider you the most intelligent person on here. I do not know you at all. Never met you. Having said that, it seems that no matter how many facts you present, some people on here just enjoy arguing.

Reactions: AlterEgo

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
And what percentage would survive or have few or no symptoms without any vaccine? That is something we will never know. I applaud your stamina Playacaribe2. After over 10 years on this forum, I consider you the most intelligent person on here. I do not know you at all. Never met you. Having said that, it seems that no matter how many facts you present, some people on here just enjoy arguing.
If you have been on the forum for 10 years you should have recognized long ago that many people on here stick around just for the enjoyment of arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.