Chinese Restaurant in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Hello,

I have driven past many times, but never been able to catch the name or phone number of the Chinese Restaurant in Sosua, in that little plaza just past Texaco?

I saw on their sign that they deliver.

Has anyone eaten here before and have any feed back?

Any idea if they accept any credit cards?

Having a lazy Sunday in with no car today (and it's raining) and we would love to order in some Chinese....

Thanks in advance.

(p.s. I have searched, but not come up with anything yet)

Aug 21, 2007
Never have eaten there because I hear the food is really bad. If you do order, let us know what you think. Would be great to have good Chinese food delivered......

Thanks.

Lindsey

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Do you have any idea of the name of the restaurant?
With the name I may have more luck finding out the phone number....

Aug 21, 2007
Don't know, Alicious. But someone on this board will....be patient for a couple of hours and you will get your answer, for sure.

Lindsey

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Do you have any idea of the name of the restaurant?
With the name I may have more luck finding out the phone number....

Don't eat there.

If you want decent chinese food go to cabarete as I think that's the best choice on the north coast.

In las Charamicaos there is a new Chinese and pico pollo take out on the main road accross from caribe tours and I have tried a couple of their dishes which were quite good

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Hi Mike,

Do you know if this Chinese/pica pollo place does delivery or just take out?

Is the food really that bad at the restaurant I am asking about? Or did you have some other negative experience?

Do you have the name/number of it anyways?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is located on your left heading towards Cabarete, just after the Tire store. This is the same plaza that Et Norte is in.

Don't eat there though, really bad. The Chinese restaurant in Cabarete has some decent dish's though, and the one in Puerta Plata is OK also.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hi Mike,

Do you know if this Chinese/pica pollo place does delivery or just take out?

Is the food really that bad at the restaurant I am asking about? Or did you have some other negative experience?

Do you have the name/number of it anyways?

I do not have thier name or number of the chinese place in Sosua and i am surprised they are still in business...

None of the chinese places deliver so you will have to go there yourself.

You can always hire a moto concho to pick up some food for you if you speak spanish

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Terrible Food!!

I ate there and it was not good. The food was just one big grease pit. When you have trouble tasting the different things you put in your mouth because they all taste like grease, then you know it is not great for you. I have had the restaurant in Cabarete which I believe is just named Restaurante Chino and it was decent. Much better than Sosua. I have also had the one in Puerto Plata which is just past the courthouse and it was the best of the 3.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I don't agree with everyone on their comments...I think this place has the best cat on the North Coast...

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Between cats and pigeons, which one tastes better ?

Stew for hours with curry, basil, cumin, cayenne, onions, cilantro, garlic, ginger, turmeric, pepper, spuds, carrots and a dollop of d-scalin for effect and IMO it's too close to call.

Matter of taste really.

:bandit::knockedou:hurt::dead:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Stew for hours with curry, basil, cumin, cayenne, onions, cilantro, garlic, ginger, turmeric, pepper, spuds, carrots and a dollop of d-scalin for effect and IMO it's too close to call.

Matter of taste really.

:bandit::knockedou:hurt::dead:

What, no Thyme and Bay leaves?

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
some friends and i went there for lunch in march...

never again...

save yourself the trip...

this is not even remotely close to being "good" chinese food

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Chinese restaurant in Sosua.....Worst food ever! I have tried it a couple of times and it was discusting. Had the chow mein which was crap, had the choffan which was just old rice and bits of suspicious meat that was more than likely a few days old. Stay away from that place. The one is Cabarete is OK providing you don't mind the cockroaches running around your feet. Have not tried the one in Puerto Plata though.

Status
Not open for further replies.