Cibao International Airport: Car Rentals

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Anybody here who can recommend a car rental company in Santiago besides National, Alamo, Avis?

SteveK

Jan 23, 2011
Generally speaking, take every photo you can on the vehicle before you lease it before you drive it out the lot.
People have gotten ripped off from damages that were there prior to leasing the vehicle.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Generally speaking, take every photo you can on the vehicle before you lease it before you drive it out the lot.
People have gotten ripped off from damages that were there prior to leasing the vehicle.
Yep. Thanks. I am aware of their games... :)

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I used Budget in Santiago years ago. Got the full insurance package. Day before I was leaving was going from Villa Tapia to Jarabacoa. A 250cc married my rear quarter panel. i know I was stupid but drove the two guys to the hospital near La Vega and then straight to AMET where the Colonel said they were looking for me. He allowed me to take the SUV back to Villa Tapia after paying 800 pesos for X-rays and return the next morning. My flight was at 2 in Santiago. The company lawyer was already at the fiscal for me to sign off on the accident. The Colonel spoke perfect English and was very helpful and I had to force him to take 1000 pesos. Made it to the airport instead of spending all night at AMET With time to spare. So that extra 160 dollars saved me many extra days in the RD missing work. Insurance, insurance and more insurance. Some of the off site local rental sites have a 1 to 3 thousand dollar deductible and slow lawyers.

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Don't forget pictures of the interior areas of the vehicle also. And grit your teeth and buy their insurance. Your's and your credit card's have too many gaps to mention here.

Reactions: SteveK