Cigar Problems

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Like I said I am a beginning smoker.
I goto youtube for informational videos.
And for 🇩🇴 specific questions I thought I would ask here on DR1.
I like your answers my man.
You explain without attitude or derision.
The same way I do over in my Bourbon thread.
My cigar shop on El Conde does not use humidification. With the AC going full blast, it's very drying. I buy a very nice house cigar, a robusto maduro, for RD$250.00 Howevever, the wrapper is sometimes cracked. If your wrapper unravels, you are in trouble! So on the end that I cut, I lick that wrapper to help seal it. In fact, the rollers use a vegetable based glue. Now, let's talk about the best way to light a cigar! LOL!

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Butane torch lighter like the one shown on page 1 or a thin wood strip. Never a gas lighter like a Zippo unless you like the taste of lighter fluid.
A long wood match works well too once the sulphur burns off.

Reactions: Fulano2

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
My courier, Vimenpaq, did send them back to the shipper from Miami and I did receive credit. But what a disappointment! One thing is for sure. If and when I go to the U.S. I will bring back a box of Dominicans (I like La Gloria Cubana, Wavell, a maduro robusto). What an irony!
I've found that I can buy Dominican cigars cheaper in Miami than I can here.

DonDimi

Nov 28, 2016
Just to confirm , Aeropaq deliver my cigars that i ordered from USA without any glitches , as long as you do not exceed the customs rules of 1 box or 50 sticks. Any way i just completed my 4th order (in last 60 days) and so far things are very smooth . Here is the website im using https://www.neptunecigar.com/ highly recommended.

saludos Don Dimi

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Just to confirm , Aeropaq deliver my cigars that i ordered from USA without any glitches , as long as you do not exceed the customs rules of 1 box or 50 sticks. Any way i just completed my 4th order (in last 60 days) and so far things are very smooth . Here is the website im using https://www.neptunecigar.com/ highly recommended.

saludos Don Dimi
Thanks for this. Yes, I'm thinking of keeping Vimenpaq for my regular stuff, then using your courier service or perhaps one more another member recommended, for cigars only.

Reactions: DonDimi