Cigars in the DR

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Not quite true. I have bought small quantities in Free Zone companies so it is possible.

But the non-free zone places usually give better prices and you can find some really great cigars in the small producers.
JD, I know you and always appreciate your love of the DR and its people. I also know how informed you are and your advice is spot on. However if you bought cigars from a FZ company they violated Dominican laws customs rules. I doubt that a normal tourist could buy from FZ cigar factory. But with your winning personality and contacts anything is possible.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
JD, I know you and always appreciate your love of the DR and its people. I also know how informed you are and your advice is spot on. However if you bought cigars from a FZ company they violated Dominican laws customs rules. I doubt that a normal tourist could buy from FZ cigar factory. But with your winning personality and contacts anything is possible.
You are absolutely correct on all counts.

BeachBum87

Feb 18, 2022
Cabarete
I spent 2 days looking in Santiago last year at this time, most the stores listed on google were closed, got close to Tamboril same thing. Pretty much most of Tamboril area has huge cigar factories and I went into the industrial park, found someone bought a pack of 50 for 75 dollars , they were 50/50 Cuban Dominican Churchills. I bought more last week, took 100 of them to the USA for nephews wedding, everyone that has had them said they were best they ever had. Some of the cigars they make way out of my price range but will try some others next trip. https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...a37e96f497e4055!8m2!3d19.479655!4d-70.5975011

Reactions: Fulano2

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I spent 2 days looking in Santiago last year at this time, most the stores listed on google were closed, got close to Tamboril same thing. Pretty much most of Tamboril area has huge cigar factories and I went into the industrial park, found someone bought a pack of 50 for 75 dollars , they were 50/50 Cuban Dominican Churchills. I bought more last week, took 100 of them to the USA for nephews wedding, everyone that has had them said they were best they ever had. Some of the cigars they make way out of my price range but will try some others next trip. https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...a37e96f497e4055!8m2!3d19.479655!4d-70.5975011
Great info, thanks!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The place I used to buy from in Tamboril was really off the beaten path and you probably wouldn't be able to find it even with google coordinates. lol