Claro changed our line and modem.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
i was going to test the other services but hearing your horror story and my initial experience of 4 months of waiting for Claro to show up, I guess I will be sticking with them too. But I believe my 18 months are over and I still have 2MB + Superior + Telephone and paying $3300-$3400, and download speed is about 2-2.5MB down. :(

While ago I had my boy ask if I can down grade the TV Package but increase the internet speed they said no but I wonder what they would say about upgrading straight up. I will be visiting Claro tomorrow or early next week to see if I can get that Superior + 6MB download.

Do you go the office on Del Sol..............
If so, I could meet you..........
I have an excellent rapport with both the English speaking reps there...........
Whatever you do......get the HD pkg...........

And.........I can return your Rubbermaid.......lol

B in Santiago

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Koreano,

I used to have the 2mbps plan and it SUCKED. I switched to 3mbps and have been much, much happier. There is also a "double your speed" option with 3mbps where you can get 6mbps for an extra RD$400 per month. I don't have TV but 3mbps and 400 minutes open for phone I pay RD$2,312 and if I were to use the $400 upgrade package I think it is around RD$2,800 after taxes.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Do you go the office on Del Sol..............
If so, I could meet you..........
I have an excellent rapport with both the English speaking reps there...........
Whatever you do......get the HD pkg...........

And.........I can return your Rubbermaid.......lol

B in Santiago
Thanks for the offer once again B. I'll see what I can do here first in Moca and if I fail I'll call you if I have trouble.

And hold on to that Rubbermaid good for another week as my wife got sick from playing with my son at the pool too long.

Koreano,

I used to have the 2mbps plan and it SUCKED. I switched to 3mbps and have been much, much happier. There is also a "double your speed" option with 3mbps where you can get 6mbps for an extra RD$400 per month. I don't have TV but 3mbps and 400 minutes open for phone I pay RD$2,312 and if I were to use the $400 upgrade package I think it is around RD$2,800 after taxes.

I think I got a "gratis upgrade" to 3mps as I consistently went over 2mb that I signed up for, I guess they had trouble with HD channels they claim to have with only 2mbps down speed. I had my boy asked for more speed over the phone last year but they rejected me bases on claims of having multiple months of contracts left and some other bs excuse that I didn't understand. Currently I pay $3200 for TV/Internet/Phone. I am willing to pay more or less $4000 including impuestos for better services. And looking at current package https://appsec.claro.com.do/wps/portal/do/sc/personas/todo-claro/paquetes#info-02 I think will be ok with Multiplan Total 2 package they are offering. 6Mbps isn't like in US but it won't frustrate me trying to watch movies/stream slingbox.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
i tried before to improve the wifi but it started messing up when i added the second router.

Disable DHCP in your new router and plug the cable from Claro modem into one of the LAN (not WAN/Internet) ports and you will have no problems or router/modem conflicts.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think you will find that after the 18 months, it simply continues as opposed to being renewed.
As long as you complete the original 18 months you can cancel at any time without penalty.

That is how it worked when I canceled and went with a cable modem and also dropped their telephone land line at the same time.. There was no renewal after 18 months for another 18 months in my case, it was just month to month.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you get your own ADSL Modem Router any Claro tech can hook it up for you instead of the crap they give you. Of course a nice propina is necessary.