Claro increases Internet speeds

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Indeed, I would go for the 25 gigs, which amounts to 2800RD$/month, but I am a bit broke those days, so I stick with the cheap one...
Understood. I just called Codetel. They have no records and statistics (they say) of bandwidth usage of their DSL customers. I have no idea whether 25gb would be enough.

In fact, their tech claimed that "speed" was the same thing as "bandwidth usage" Seriously.

He did say we should have gotten 4/1mbs service on our circuit as of the 31st. Nope. Hasn't happened. Will be nice when it happens.

neillcin

Feb 26, 2005
The most frustrating thing about having Banda Ancha Claro is how unproductive I am these days...What I used to accomplish in minutes or hours sometimes days days or weeks.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I have no idea whether 25gb would be enough.
Rule of thumb is one GB per day makes it just fine... I figure that not everyday is the same, so 25 gigs should do...
As of me, once I am in "slow speed", after consuming my 10 gigs, I survive on 384kb/s... It is still ok, but I can't watch youtube straight on, I have to pause the video a bit, and then I see it in 1 piece... However it doesn't create any issues for web-browsing...