Claro Tv!!

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
now that I have all info,and before I change tv providers....is there anyone out there that has claro tv and give me a heads up on how it is working,etc...
thanks
bob

oh well,I ordered it and will give you all a rundown when it is installed and working...maybe today.
bob

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Claro TV

an update for anyone interested.
signed up on thursday last,1400 pesos for 2 boxs.Installer came yesterday,and spent most of day installing new phone lines throughout house from street.They finished about 2pm and other claro people came to install boxs.Both boxs are hd capable.One is a recorder as well,with pause, record in the future,etc...same as tivo.HD cable does not come with system,so I will buy at Americano.The recorder is a cisco,Scientific Atlantic IPN430MC,with 160 Gig of memory.
Someone had said it was slow to change channels,but not so,very fast.
Quality of pic is excellent on both my Tvs...one is a lcd,other is a regular tv.
190 channels,including golf channel as well as many of the DISCOVERY,National Geographic type,and in English.You can change language on most programs...and it has the ABC<NBC<CBS channels as well...190 plus channels in all.
cost is 1500 plus tax.
so far so good.
bob

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Great Bob,
im glad u like it, i told it was nice because i saw it in their presentation of the product..

and its nice you got your golf channel :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Keep us posted Bob, I might swing by one day this week to take a look.

Please PM me your cel. I would ask Carl, but he's out of town :)

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
an update for anyone interested.
signed up on thursday last,1400 pesos for 2 boxs.Installer came yesterday,and spent most of day installing new phone lines throughout house from street.They finished about 2pm and other claro people came to install boxs.Both boxs are hd capable.One is a recorder as well,with pause, record in the future,etc...same as tivo.HD cable does not come with system,so I will buy at Americano.The recorder is a cisco,Scientific Atlantic IPN430MC,with 160 Gig of memory.
Someone had said it was slow to change channels,but not so,very fast.
Quality of pic is excellent on both my Tvs...one is a lcd,other is a regular tv.
190 channels,including golf channel as well as many of the DISCOVERY,National Geographic type,and in English.You can change language on most programs...and it has the ABC<NBC<CBS channels as well...190 plus channels in all.
cost is 1500 plus tax.
so far so good.
bob

programed recorder today to record programs that I usually watch,and are at various times of day and night.
one more step...
bob

M

MirianAmor

oh well,I ordered it and will give you all a rundown when it is installed and working...maybe today.
bob

Can any one tell us what the basic 29 channels (available in Puerto Plata) include? ie what are the channels. Claro/codetel reps do not know.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Can any one tell us what the basic 29 channels (available in Puerto Plata) include? ie what are the channels. Claro/codetel reps do not know.
plan basico
cdn,telemicro,teledominicana,disney,nick,jetix,discovery kids,zaz,aztec 13,sony,warner,scifi,e entertainment,a$e,caracol,discovery,animal planet,history channel,discovery home and health,espn,espn2,fox sports,universal,axn,film zone,multipremier,cine latino,cinemax.
bob

M

MirianAmor

plan basico
cdn,telemicro,teledominicana,disney,nick,jetix,discovery kids,zaz,aztec 13,sony,warner,scifi,e entertainment,a$e,caracol,discovery,animal planet,history channel,discovery home and health,espn,espn2,fox sports,universal,axn,film zone,multipremier,cine latino,cinemax.
bob

Thanks for that. No Speed? Pity

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
ya bob, those are the channels
still people can order premium channels for an extra cost

Yeah Miriam, claro reps know nothing...i cant believe the lack of knowledges of the products they offer

well , just in case

instalation cost $895 pesos
monthly rent $380 + taxes( communication taxes are 28%)
1 tv box included in the instalation cost ($895)
adictional box $150 more in the monthly rent

fran

M

MirianAmor

ya bob, those are the channels
still people can order premium channels for an extra cost

Yeah Miriam, claro reps know nothing...i cant believe the lack of knowledges of the products they offer

well , just in case

instalation cost $895 pesos
monthly rent $380 + taxes( communication taxes are 28%)
1 tv box included in the instalation cost ($895)
adictional box $150 more in the monthly rent

fran

Not in Puerto Plata.

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Claro tv

Sufficed to say, I've known Claro TV for more than most.

All in all, its a good service, not what you'd expect for the US or the rest of the modern world, but it works. here are the downsides:_

while the inverter is kicking, don't expect your recordings to work. Dont get me wrong, they will record, but only after your box goes through a 5 minute reset progress.

Fox, has disappeared, no reason, no rhyme, but aparently, not just a Claro TV problem.

All in all, better than the rest, keeps the family happy,

Beware, the bandwith is shared with the DSL, so should you be heavily using your downloads......... then your recorded videos may have big holes.............................)

(you've been told...............................)

Steve

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
i know Mirian........just the premium package work with the 3 plans.basic,superior and advanced

remember they didnt even answer you when u asked about the 29 channels..

if i'm telling you can order the premium channels is because i have in my hands the paper where they say you can

:)

M

MirianAmor

i know Mirian........just the premium package work with the 3 plans.basic,superior and advanced

remember they didnt even answer you when u asked about the 29 channels..

if i'm telling you can order the premium channels is because i have in my hands the paper where they say you can

:)

Yes. We have the flyer as well but they say it doesn't work in PP.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Yes. We have the flyer as well but they say it doesn't work in PP.
When are you actually MOVING in to Puerto Plata Brian - I seem to recall it was supposed to be at the end of this month?

I have been considering changing from our present cable system & would consider Claro but ONLY if we could get the premium channels. Let me know how close you are to the Bayardo area & I'll stir things up a bit with our neighbours to see what other interest I can get. I'll then check things out with a contact I have at Claro in Santo Domingo to see if/when they are going to honour their word on the 'flyers'! ~ Grahame.