Cleaning up Boca Chica

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Actually did not plan to get involved with the hole thing (not really Boca Chica related...) But I am just wondering how you manage to get stung by a man-o-war MANY TIMES and one is diving there almost daily since twenty years and never came across one....:confused:

I have no definite answer to your question. My only explanation is that I am SWIMMER. Not diver. And the Portuguese is roaming practically on the surface. And me too. Not in the deeper echelons.
Or you imply that I made up my burns from the MOW ? Over the whole body. Funny.
OK.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
" My information" ? From living in this country for about 20 years, ma fren. From reading newspapers about this country. From seeing sharks on the NC. From being bitten by man-o-war in Sosua MANY TIMES. From my own life here, amigo.

Case and point folks...
Welcome to Wonderland.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I have no definite answer to your question. My only explanation is that I am SWIMMER. Not diver. And the Portuguese is roaming practically on the surface. And me too. Not in the deeper echelons.
Or you imply that I made up my burns from the MOW ? Over the whole body. Funny.
OK.

No, the creature is not practically roaming on the surface, in contrary the stinging tentacles are typically 10 uptil 30 meters long below the surface.

Whatever stung you MANY TIMES in Sosua beach, if anything it was not this

I knew I was stupid to get into this discussion. Sorry for all off topic posts, my last one on this topic.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
No, the creature is not practically roaming on the surface, in contrary the stinging tentacles are typically 10 uptil 30 meters long below the surface.

Whatever stung you MANY TIMES in Sosua beach, if anything it was not this

I knew I was stupid to get into this discussion. Sorry for all off topic posts, my last one on this topic.

"I knew I was stupid to get into this discussion. " I agree with this statement. You did not see them in Sosua. I saw and was stung. That is it. Have a nice day.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Jello fish larvae. Or "micro jello fish". They are invisible. This reaction is typical for a new person during the first 2-3 weeks. After that you do not feel it any longer.
Do not take fresh water shower after swimming. Wipe your affected skin with a diluted vinegar.
Swimming in Sosua is more pleasant. But on the other hand in Sosua one cannot swim at least 50-70 days a year due to waves. In BC - 365 day - guaranteed.
And in Sosua and in the North sharks are possible. In BC there is no sharks. And in Sosua - "man-of-war". Portuguese.

Maybe the sharks are alergic to doo doo water.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Those problems will all go away once a hotel chain comes in to build a boutique hotel.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Amazing. I clearly see that 99% of "very active DR.1 posters" have never been to Boca Chica even once.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Amazing. I clearly see that 99% of "very active DR.1 posters" have never been to Boca Chica even once.

I was there on my first visit in 1997 and have had no reason to return. I found the beach ok and the water quite nice, but yes there were a lot of putas around.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Hands down, the absolute worst place in the
country to vacation. Wouldn't recommend this
place to people I hate.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hands down, the absolute worst place in the
country to vacation. Wouldn't recommend this
place to people I hate.
We spent Monday night there on tour. All my Dane guests could talk about was how the place was full of Russians and to "check your wallet."

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
We spent Monday night there on tour. All my Dane guests could talk about was how the place was full of Russians and to "check your wallet."

All three resorts in BC sell to Russians at 70% discount. I have no explanation.