Cleaning up Boca Chica

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
We spent Monday night there on tour. All my Dane guests could talk about was how the place was full of Russians and to "check your wallet."

It appears a Russian pickpocket can afford Caribbean vacation.
Could you say the same about american pickpockets?

irsav

Jan 26, 2019

It is difficult to explain why these Russians have tons of cash. Be it in Sosua, in Boca Chica, in South Florida or in NYC. Being from a super corrupted country with a VERY low level of development. All the great industry, science and education of the formerly super-power USSR is completely stolen or destroyed.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My comments were what DANES said, not me. I have no dog in that fight.

I don't think they were referencing "pickpockets", more just general fraud.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Yes. Even Hamaca. 10-12 days all inclusive including flight from Russia - $1000 or less.

They are getting very good price, Nordwind Airlines has 1 flight into SDQ every 10 days, I was checking prices and I found a return ticket from SDQ in 650.00 dollars with 1 suitcase incluided, that mean buying a vacation package prices will end more or less like this 450.00 for the airlines 550.00 for hotel. You will be supriced to know how much pay the airline to the hotels where their crew sleep.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
They are getting very good price, Nordwind Airlines has 1 flight into SDQ every 10 days, I was checking prices and I found a return ticket from SDQ in 650.00 dollars with 1 suitcase incluided, that mean buying a vacation package prices will end more or less like this 450.00 for the airlines 550.00 for hotel. You will be supriced to know how much pay the airline to the hotels where their crew sleep.

Does Nordwind sell to the general public?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Does Nordwind sell to the general public?

Yes, they sell also seats to SDQ, you can check in Kayak, only thing is that you must know what days they will fly as is only every 10 days departures dates keep changing every month, in their webpage they have open only these days when you book to SDQ.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Yes, they sell also seats to SDQ, you can check in Kayak, only thing is that you must know what days they will fly as is only every 10 days departures dates keep changing every month, in their webpage they have open only these days when you book to SDQ.

Riva_31,
You are a depth of invaluable knowledge !

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Forgot to tell that they do not upload all flights, usually every 3 months they upload the schedule for next 3 months, now you can buy tickets untill march departures, and thanks, is a pleasure to give some help.

I have a friend who was born in Gyumri. He is exactly like you too. Always ready to provide any help.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
It is difficult to explain why these Russians have tons of cash. Be it in Sosua, in Boca Chica, in South Florida or in NYC. Being from a super corrupted country with a VERY low level of development. All the great industry, science and education of the formerly super-power USSR is completely stolen or destroyed.

Maybe they are getting generous tips from American astronauts they transport to the ISS?

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Maybe they are getting generous tips from American astronauts they transport to the ISS?

Damn! And there was me thinking that they were launching Presidente -shaped rockets (Shake hard and invert) from Boca Chica..
Turns out there's another one.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Damn! And there was me thinking that they were launching Presidente -shaped rockets (Shake hard and invert) from Boca Chica..
Turns out there's another one.

I remember I read that a Russian company bough this project, was stoped but they are actually in the process to finish it, changed the name naw is called Terrazas de Juan Dolio.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I remember I read that a Russian company bough this project, was stoped but they are actually in the process to finish it, changed the name naw is called Terrazas de Juan Dolio.

The Russian company started this project in about 2007, if I recall correctly the company was called Petroholding.
It was called Mariposa in those days. This company got somehow also involved in the Costa Blanca project and then it went all sour.
I've been there several times and didn't really like it because there was no beach.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
The Russian company started this project in about 2007, if I recall correctly the company was called Petroholding.
It was called Mariposa in those days. This company got somehow also involved in the Costa Blanca project and then it went all sour.
I've been there several times and didn't really like it because there was no beach.

They can mak an artificial beach, they are still working maybe by the end of this year they finish.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I know, it was also in the planning but I don't know how that is gonna work.
It's fairly deep in front of the building plus there's a fairly strong current.
Of course it can be done but at what cost? ;)

They put big blocks to slow the current, and tons of Sand, Playa Minitas in Casa de Campo is artificial, so if they have the money to make it they will.