Cleaning up Boca Chica

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
I know, it was also in the planning but I don't know how that is gonna work.
It's fairly deep in front of the building plus there's a fairly strong current.
Of course it can be done but at what cost? ;)

Swimming is risky there. I am a good experience open water swimmer. And I can say that swimming in this spot is not a good idea.
It was one of the reasons why we decided against living in JD.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Apparently there is a little gang cleaning going on there too.
One dead 'goat'.

https://elgranerodelsur.com/2020/02...-balazos-un-joven-delante-de-muchos-turistas/

Maybe they should focus on getting rid of the criminal gangs also, and not only the old shacks on the beach.

If they by accident shoot tourists in the bars over there, me think it could initiate bad press coverage.

The below maybe sounds worse than in reality, but hey they fired inside a touristy bar....
Happened to me in Sosua many years ago also, we took cover inside the kitchen when we realised that real bullets were coming our direction. Did not do anything to the reputation of the town, two dominicans fighting and shooting in the street PC outside El Flow. People only laughed afterwards, happy not to be hit.

Back to the Boca Chica shooting

A young man nicknamed El Chivo was killed by a stranger last night in the presence of dozens of foreigners who were in the place.
In the surroundings of the place where the Chivo fell down, there are several supermarkets, variety stores, pharmacies, grocery stores, among other businesses that are visited by local and foreign tourists who visit the town of Boca Chica.

Look, don't mention me, but in this place that we are there is a strong crime, people being attacked both day and night, despite a large presence of police and members of Cestur who do nothing to protect us, said a fast-food vendor.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I used to live in Boca Chica, but I don't remember an Avenida Caracol. Anybody have an idea?

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Contact Lawrence at the Boat House and you'll get the info you need and he has rooms for you.
https://www.facebook.com/tbhbar/?ei...meline_context_item_source=683874635&fref=tag

THE BOAT HOUSE
is a quiet and relaxed Bar and Restaurant located right on the beach at Boca Chica, Dominican Republic. We are proud of our reputation providing professional, friendly and courteous service

We have a full Menu and offer well displayed reasonable prices on both food and drinks. Breakfast, Dish of the Day and Specials to Take out or enjoy in our restaurant by the beach.
Basic Breakfast $ 230, Dominican Breakfast $ 300, American Breakfast $ 340.
Lunch Dishes every day Monday to Sunday $ 280, from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm.
Mexican Tuesday Dinners from 7:00 to 9:00 pm $ 280. Margaritas $ 180 each.
Spaghetti Wedneday Dinners from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Pasta Bolognese or Pomodoro (garlic bread, parmesan cheese and glass of wine included) - For only $ 280.

Consumption Tickets, a form of pre-payment for drinks, are available to all, providing aproximately 20% discount on almost all drinks. Used Tickets are added to a raffle drawn at the end of the month, and the winner receives a free ticket. Purchase them at the Bar.

"Happy Hour" 6:00 to 9:00 pm every day. Domestic alcoholic drinks are discounted about 30%, it's the best deal in town.

WI FI provided free of charge for Customers 24/7.

We provide high quality streaming Internet Radio: Upbeat Latin, Classic & Modern Rock, and Classic & Modern Blues.

Furthermore, we provide live Sports on 3 LED TV”s. Most European and American sports channels are available, including English, Dutch, German, French, Italian, and Spanish Football, American NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, College Football, UFC, and more. There is also a free book exchange, and a Pool Table.

E mail: lawrencederijk@gmail.com
I always visit the Boat House. Great place.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
They are already there.

The man selling the nurse sharks said he caught them just up the beach. Nurse sharks are great to dive with because they are typically docile and rarely attack.
May not have big teeth, but mind you they give you a nasty suck bite! LOL ever see the video on YouTube idiot diver kissing shark. OMG