Climate groups says tender for Punta Catalina proves something is very wrong

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019

The National Council for Climate Change and Clean Development Mechanism of the Dominican Republic (CNLCC) says the new tender for the completing of the operation of the Punta Catalina coal-fired generation units is an indication there are serious flaws in the new operation. The consortium of Odebrecht, Techimont-Estrella built the power plant central. President Danilo Medina had announced the inauguration of the Punta Catalina 752 MW coal-fired plant for 17 March 2020. This never happened, as the government immersed itself in the coronavirus epidemic

These massive generation units, the most important infrastructure taken on by the Medina administration, abruptly cut out of the national grid on Friday, 17 April, just before President Danilo Medina was going to address the nation on the coronavirus.

According to the CNLCC, the fact that the Dominican Public Electricity...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Jul 10, 2004
Bad vibrations? Oh my, not good at all. Power plants shaking apart are not a good thing.

I used to work for a company in NY that analyzed exactly such problems. They were named after , uncoincidentally, the Shakers.

Shaker Research Corporation

A pun intended name of an extinct religion and analyzing vibrations. I designed a system for them to analyze the vibrations in jet engines, and another to predict the results of future designs. They did a lot of work for EPRI.

Cdn_Gringo

Apr 29, 2014
Probably would have dropped the rods and used hand mixed concrete for the containment vessels.