Cockroaches!

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
We spread the bay (laurel) leaves around and no roaches. I detest them but when we come back in 6 or 7 months, nada. I love it and it is less prep than the boric acid and doesn't make a mess. No fuss, no muss! It works.

May 29, 2006
Mixed with honey, boric acid also takes care of ants who carry it as a present to the Queen.

I read somewhere they're using a very simply lure for controlling mosquitoes. It's a kitchen sponge that's soaked in a mix of apple juice and boric acid. Mosquitoes feed mostly on tree sap and nectar and only the females drink blood for making eggs(but also drink nectar). It's suppose to be very effective, it's cheap and non-toxic. Another mosquito trap uses yeast in a funnel and the mosquitoes are attracted to the CO2 the yeast puts off.

popvisitor.

Nov 14, 2013
I read somewhere they're using a very simply lure for controlling mosquitoes. It's a kitchen sponge that's soaked in a mix of apple juice and boric acid. Mosquitoes feed mostly on tree sap and nectar and only the females drink blood for making eggs(but also drink nectar). It's suppose to be very effective, it's cheap and non-toxic. Another mosquito trap uses yeast in a funnel and the mosquitoes are attracted to the CO2 the yeast puts off.

I have never heard of "D" Earth not working 100%, well 99% Cheap, ingestible to humans and household animals, it is used in filtering swimming pools and even beer. Diatomaceous earth damages the waxy coating of the roach’s body, causing it to shrivel and die. It may take 1-3 days to kill but after a week or so it has pretty well killed Grandpa, Grandma, Mom Dad and the kid The great thing is as long as you put it in cupboards, drawers, behind cabinets and it doesn't get wet, your initial whole house investment of about $5usd will last at least a year...AND being those high protein roaches have not consumed anything toxic to you, stir fry for lunch

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Diatomacious Earth", "GOD" made it millions years ago.(Skelatons of tiny sea creatures)
You just BUY it!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Try "Pool" supply companies.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Update:

I bought a load of those roach bait traps sold in Playero. At 600 pesos a packet I thought they were expensive...but hey they worked!

After several weeks of sweeping up dead roaches I think I can safely say we are now cockroach free.......for the time being.

Apparently these bait traps say they offer three months effectiveness.

nelsonpitter

Banned
Mar 22, 2014
Cockroaches love dark and hence I keep bait chalk at corners. I used orange oil too against cockroaches but it is not good enough to reach everywhere to kill cockroaches.

As a pest control expert I believe that people bother more by fear from cockroach rather than problems from it.