Codetel - incompetence or something more sinister?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
There's ONE flaw with all this arithmetic & statistical jargon here ................. WHO is it that takes the profit (or loss) at the end of the day when cashing up is done??

I am sure (as I have heard the cashiers say on numerous occasions), that if they have a shortage at the end of the shift THEY are the ones that have to make good the shortfall. Are they therefore the ones who make the BONUS if/when the till cash exceeds the billing totals??

Just a little food for thought & a possible reason for not blaming the shop owner :pirate: every time!! As Arthur Daly (the Brits amongst us will remember Arthur was no relation to JOHN Daly) used to say .....;) ......... "Nice little earner"!! ~ Grahame

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Whoever provided that link to the "I can't attend because...." from Nalwahl, thank you, the excuses and continues attempt at scrambling were priceless

We can thank AlaninDR. I'm sending him the cleaning bill for peeing my pants over that. Every time I think of that I laugh.

NALS' toe dancing all over the place with his usual tortured syntax was hysterical. He could have simply said "It's not my fault."

Best leave Super Pola in Santiago out of that statement........
The cashiers will try to take that extra peso almost everytime.

Ditto Supermercado Nacional on Avenida M?ximo Disparate in Santo Domingo

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Some birds are just born cuckcoo?s...

You are and so is Santiago, disgraceful you would create such a fuss about a measly few pesos. :devious: Why do you save them all up for your airfare out of this dreadfully mean country.:ermm:

Ladybird, go fly away!

Once the cashier at Pola instead of giving me the change of $327 pesos from a $1,000 bill gave me the bill amount of $673 pesos instead. I did not realize it until I had left the store.

I went back and to give the money back, she did not understand.
Finally another customer who spoke English and Spainish explained it to her.

If I was "El Cheapo" I would have kept the money.

So take your remarks and shove them up your tail feathers Ladybird!

Don SantiagoDR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I must be special or something.

My phone bills always register the centavos I owe, or that they owe me.

If my bill is 2029.10, and I pay 2030.00, on my next bill, it says I have a .10 credit, which is deducted from my next bill.

I've got all kinds of receipts from them that show credits and debits of small amounts, some as little as .04 cents.

Am I the only one??

Nope, they do that with me also....

I guess they just don?t like Chip00.

Money wise, they have always been fair with me. For a time they kept charging me for Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc, even tho it was free with VIP service. It took awhile, but they finally went back and gave me credit for all the months they made the mistake.

I cancelled a contract cell phone and months later they said I owed them more money. Technically, they were right, the girl made an error on the cancelleation amount and I should have been charged more on the cancellation. They dropped the extra charge because they said it was "their" mistake, I did not have to pay it.

Don SantiagoDR

What do you call it when a woman(?) gives you the finger? :bunny: A LadyBird! :bunny:

C

Chip00

I for one haven't really had a problem with the bills for actual services that Codetel had rendered except for the very first one where they didn't acknowledge the RD2000 we had opened the account with.

My issue has been the customer service when trying to obtain and cancel service, that's all. It just seemed odd to me that one should have to wait until one receives there last bill before they can cancel there service - which means one will be charged regardless of whether or not they are using the phone line, etc - as it was in our case when we actually vacated the house to when the final bill arrived was about 45 days or about RD5000 of services not rendered. To me this makes no sense and is not in the least bit fair.

Also, adding to that is when the lady from Codetel calls me up to say that I had to pay for such and such months after we cancelled the service in July and when I responded that I wanted to speak with her surpervisor so that I could put him in contact with my lawyer she immediately said that she had made a mistake and that Codetel now owed me money - odd right?

Feb 7, 2007
The cashiers will try to take that extra peso almost everytime. They focus on the whole pesos when giving you change, but go to the next peso when telling you how much you owe. I had a big argument one time with the cashier, she refused to give me the peso, even when I showed her her error.

It happened to me in one of La Sirena's food counters. I was to pay for a meal. i don;t recall the exact pesos amount but it was ten-cents over the peso, say RD$180.10
The cashier insisted on charging me 181.
I insisted on the bill being 180.
I gave her 180 pesos in cash.
She was persistent and said I had to give her the full peso.

So this is what I did: I pulled out my debit card and asked her to charge $0.10 on the debit card. She was actually going to do it, when her manager stepped in and told her to forget about it.

Feb 7, 2007
Guys, all the fuzz about the small change - ten or twenty centavos up or down the bill. You know who are the biggest scammers? The "bomberos" - not the firemen, but the gas station guys that fill your tank.

They don't give small change, even if it is worth pesos. Today I filled up my passola, at 206 pesos, so full that not one drop could get in. I gave him 210 - and - no change. Same as the time before, and before, and before.

The worst gas station is Texaco (at least here in Higuey), which ALWAYS shorthands you by many cents. I observed one time, for many minutes, where they fill all the motorcycles, and the 20-30-50 pesos always ended up somewhere between 30 and 70 cents less worth's of gas.
Counting that, when they do a final bill at the end of shift, having taken 50 cents on average from 200 motorcyclers, it equals to 100 pesos. Not a bad "tip" for these guys.
During my observation, I have pointed this out, the guy just laughed, and continued with his little practise.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
You are so right ....

Guys, all the fuzz about the small change - ten or twenty centavos up or down the bill. You know who are the biggest scammers? The "bomberos" - not the firemen, but the gas station guys that fill your tank.

That is so true.

But some Bird Brains on here do not get the point.

Some of the gas stations, especially the propane ones, try to get you for a lot of pesos. They kept trying that on me, I pulled out the calculator on one, because he insisted on an amount about 20 pesos higher. They really get you on the 10ths of a gallon. Only the newer stations have pumps that show Peso Amount, most only show the amount of propane dispensed.

IT?s not the amount of money, it?s the principle that they all try to do it to you.

Those pesos may indeed someday add up to that plane ticket out of here Ladybird, or at least a free meal now and then.

No one in this country ever gives me money, but they all expect it from me.
If I ever run out of money on my FIXED income, can you picture an American standing on the corner begging? When they stop laughing do you think I can make a living out of it?

Chip, when you cancel or add services, Codetel wants you to do it on the LAST DAY of the billing cycle. That way they have no problem. They don?t do partial bills very well, if at all.

Don SantiagoDR

What do you call it when you give a "?woman?" the finger? A LADYBIRD!

C

Chip00

Chip, when you cancel or add services, Codetel wants you to do it on the LAST DAY of the billing cycle. That way they have no problem. They don?t do partial bills very well, if at all.

They may do that now but last May they required that the bill arrived before we could cancel. I visited the office at JP Duarte and called at least 5 times complaining and trying to get them to cancel the service all to no avail.

Like I said I was billed RD5000 pesos for a diconnected phone line in a vacant apartment becasue of Codetels incompentence.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
My billing cycle ends on the 19th, and the bill always arrives on the 25th. If I waited for the bill, I would already be in the next billing cycle. The bill is available on-line before the 25th of the month. Waiting for the bill to arrive makes no sense what-so-ever.

That?s one reason I always do my business with them in person with the girl doing it on the computer while I wait at her desk. And I took the receipt for the cancellation with me in hand when I left.

My encounters with Codetel was long before last May. I also always do (did) my changes at the main Codetel office in person. Always getting there on the 19th of the month.