Coivd Vaccinations locations/Schedule ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Took a friend to the location where I got my Sinovac jabs, which was supposed to be back at the school in Charamicos on April 24th but they weren't there (of course). A janitor told me they were in a school in Batey but we couldn't find it.
Anyone know where they are sticking people in Sosua today.
A schedule/location being published would be nice - are there any links ?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Not usually much in the way of advanced notice given. It's who you know or call Public Health and ask. I assume you checked the school on the street next to the JCE office. I have seen no notices as to where a clinic would be operating today. If I see anything I'll post here.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The VacuneRD website lists the Cabarete medical Center as being open for vaccinations today and tomorrow for those 60+. I do not know where that place is or how reliable the published info is.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
CMC(Centro Medicio Cabarete) is Cabarete Medical Center in English(?). It's right before you get to Sosua.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
seems we have 2 CMC's......

one I know to be a hospital.... the other might be a clinic
Only one hospital that’s it cmc ...normal gringo misinformation take it with grain of salt.. Diagnostico Medico Dra. Mayans diagnostics place is in plaza with bank..

Reactions: cavok

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
When using google translate to display webpages in English some medical clinic and hospital names get changed just enough to become confusing if you don't take the translation into account. Personally I find the tendency to list clinic names without more detailed location information to be a communication failure. It seems the officials assume that people know where these places are within a given city, town or neighborhood. Through all off this vaccine scheduling nonsense I learned about the Multiuso center in Sosua, a place that I had seen many times as I drove past it, but had no idea of its official name until I had a need to specifically locate it. Same with the main vaccine clinic in Puerto Plata. Never knew about the medical facilities and the Public health offices in the building behind the fire station or even the name of the sector it is located in as I do not live in Puerto Plata. For google maps to work you need to get the name exactly right most of the time. If translate has changed that chances of finding a specific clinic site on a map will be a matter of luck. That of course assumes that you are able to determine where a clinic is operating on any given day which can be another challenge.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In m y quest for the vaccine , I found (was pointed to) 2 clinics - both new to me -
both hard to impossible to find

Hidden down a laneway and around around a corner...

WE may have trouble finding but the locals are well aware of their whereabouts.

My advice is to get a name and have local or motoconcho take you

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The best way to find anything that is hidden like this if you are driving is to get a moto conch that knows where to go and follow him. Money talks here so you will get to where you want to go easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.