COLOMBIA International Flight: Mandatory E-Registration = FAIL

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
THIS IS A MESS. The WEB is littered with persons who have failed to complete this form. Here are some points: (1) It appears that the form is mandatory for all entrants, regardless of nationality, (2) There are sites that you can pay to process the form such as colombia-checkmmig.com Of course, the price is hiddent until you complete the form; $35.00 per person. I can't prove it but this strongly smacks of fraud and I refuse to pay, (3) It appears that the form is called Check-MIG Colombia or in Spanish "formulario check-mig Colombia.", (4) I found many suggested links to variations of the official site and they all returned 404 errors, (5) Here is the failure (for me): Page 2 of 5: ?De que ciudad viene el vuelo? ; Digite la ciudad; Debes seleccionar tu ruta. When you try to input your city, regardless of what you input, SDQ, Santo Domingo, PTY, it initiates a drop-down menu. The drop-down menu will not populate, so you cannot select. Neither can you enter a city manually. With that field blank, you cannot continue, (6) If they refuse to let us board, I'm going to make a scene. and be very aggressive, insisting that I sort this with Colombian immigration upon my arrival. I have two pages of error messages and a return email from the officiaal site whose help link failed, (7) I found a YouTube video from "somebody" who said that the site was not functioning and that you need to communicate directly with immigration personell. Low credibility on that--not a government official, just somebody. I bought no refund tickets from Expedia and went to customer support. They cannot help and have no advice.
This might not be related but just in case. A friend tried the DR eticket on an iPhone and could not get to open a drop down menu. I told him to try on a lap top (with a mouse) and not a touch screen and then the drop down menu open. I his case it appears that the on screen button would not be reconized. I hope this may help.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Hello All,

Tomorrow will be my wife's first time on an airplane and the first time leaving the D.R. and she is 61. But problems! We are flying SDQ < PTY < MDE on Copa. Copa sent am message with the requirement that an e-form must be completed: migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro The form is broken. There are three fields that are greyed out and/or do not permit me to enter information and I'm not allowed to continue. I've tried different browsers, etc. I also emailed administration at the website (and I have proof of that email) asking how I might provide the required information manually.

Our flight leaves around 6:30 AM on Thursday and we'll be hanging out at Las Americas at 6:00 PM tomorrow, around 12 hours before our flight leaves. Now I'm thinking we should leave earlier as the COPA desk might be closed in the evening, so that we have time to resolve this should they say we cannot fly without this form.

I'd appreciate any advice.
Do you use an iPhone or iPad? That might be a problem.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Have travelers been denied entry to the DR or denied traveling out of the DR because of not filling out this online form ?

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Have travelers been denied entry to the DR or denied traveling out of the DR because of not filling out this online form ?

No idea about Colombia, but DR entry or exit is not a problem, the form is hooked up to immigration computers, so if filled up correctly they can see it done when you arrive or leave at their desk....

If they can not see it on their immigration computer, they send you to do it on a few computers that they placed in the immigration hall....

I know this because last year a guy was arguing that he has filled up the form, and showed his QR photo, but the immigration lady said you put the wrong passport number, go and do it again on that computer over there...!

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
They won't let you enter until you complete the form. So they'll make you stand there and fill it out. When leaving, airlines ask to see the confirmation code before they let you get to the check-in desks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
John, This is simple. Use this link.

Put it on English. Do NOT say anything about Residence in the DR. You are a tourist, period. Anything else you have to jump through hoops. Your object is to fill it out and get the QR code on your phone or printed.

As for where you will be put down ANY hotel in the DR. No one checks this. And time in DR put down anything, but short is best. The main thing is your passport and flight number must match. Whole process takes 5 minutes. Fill out 2 separate ones. One for coming and one for leaving.

When completed choose the EMail option. They will mail it right away to the Email you put down in the form. You can also print a PDF code if you like. Either one is all you need..........

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Two friends of mine just went to Colombia last week. No problem(?).
Sounds good except: What happened? Were they asked for the mandatory form? From what I've read I might be refused to board the plane. Of the 20 countries I've visited Colombia is THE WORST pre-flight stress experience. Should be a time of joy and anticipation, not frustration and brooding.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
This might not be related but just in case. A friend tried the DR eticket on an iPhone and could not get to open a drop down menu. I told him to try on a lap top (with a mouse) and not a touch screen and then the drop down menu open. I his case it appears that the on screen button would not be reconized. I hope this may help.
Thanks but we're talling about a DIFFERENT form and a DIFFERENT government. I had no problem with the D.R. form. It's the Colombian form that's a disaster.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Do you use an iPhone or iPad? That might be a problem.
Android tablet with Claro = FAIL; Windows 11 with Orange and various browsers = FAIL; Linux Ubuntu with various browsers = FAil. The same failures appear in every case. It's their end, not my end. And the WEB is chock full of CheckMIG Colombia = FAIL which is why there are so many fraudulent sites available that will steal your money to "fill" out this form. Another example of FAIL.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
I had no problem yesterday. filled out the form (english) and printed both ways . used my laptop.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
I had no problem yesterday. filled out the form (english) and printed both ways . used my laptop.
Which form are you talking about? This thread is filled with confusion re: the DR form versus the Colombian form. My post was never about the DR form. I had no problem filling out the DR form, one for me and one for my wife with photos of the QR codes to my smartphone. This post was only about the CheckMIG Colombia. Did you have no problem with CheckMIG Colombia yesterday? If so, we'll have to compare notes, so let me know.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
i was boarding a Copa flight to the DR that continued to Colombia about a year ago and a bunch of people were standing outside of the counter frantically using their phones. It was that Colombia form that they were trying to fill out. Copa would not let them check in without it.... Better get it done................

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
John, This is simple. Use this link.

Put it on English. Do NOT say anything about Residence in the DR. You are a tourist, period. Anything else you have to jump through hoops. Your object is to fill it out and get the QR code on your phone or printed.

As for where you will be put down ANY hotel in the DR. No one checks this. And time in DR put down anything, but short is best. The main thing is your passport and flight number must match. Whole process takes 5 minutes. Fill out 2 separate ones. One for coming and one for leaving.

When completed choose the EMail option. They will mail it right away to the Email you put down in the form. You can also print a PDF code if you like. Either one is all you need..........
I have done it before. A couple of times when leaving. But I have also entered twice now to the DR where I had forgotten about it and wasn’t asked about it. One time Punta Cama and one time Santo Domingo. So it wasn’t that I couldn’t figure it out.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I am generally just wondering what is the purpose of it and if it is working.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am generally just wondering what is the purpose of it and if it is working.
They used to have the blue forms that no one ever reads piling up at the customs booths. They would have to take time to throw them away. This alleviates the problem..............

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Sounds good except: What happened? Were they asked for the mandatory form? From what I've read I might be refused to board the plane. Of the 20 countries I've visited Colombia is THE WORST pre-flight stress experience. Should be a time of joy and anticipation, not frustration and brooding.
I just went to Colombia without filling out the form. They did it for me right at the check in desk. A friend of mine wasn't even asked for his.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
They used to have the blue forms that no one ever reads piling up at the customs booths. They would have to take time to throw them away. This alleviates the problem..............
So in my case neither BA nor Iberia asked about it at checkin and no mention of it during flight and not at entrance either. So is it mainly a form for leaving the DR then ?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Which form are you talking about? This thread is filled with confusion re: the DR form versus the Colombian form. My post was never about the DR form. I had no problem filling out the DR form, one for me and one for my wife with photos of the QR codes to my smartphone. This post was only about the CheckMIG Colombia. Did you have no problem with CheckMIG Colombia yesterday? If so, we'll have to compare notes, so let me know.

I edited the title to specify COLOMBIA, we have a lot of posts here about DR forms instead of Colombian forms.