Colonoscopy HOMS Santiago

chovechuva

Aug 15, 2021
Santo Domingo
Greetings,

I would like to have my 5th colonoscopy at

Hospital Metropolitano de Santiago (HOMS) / Gastroenterología with Dr. Rubén Darío Russell Duarte​

I have tried to call the phone number numerous times on the website and have never been able to reach anyone.

I would like to make an appointment for the next available consultation and then make an appointment to have the procedure done.

Consultorio
801, Piso 8, Edificio Profesional
Teléfono
(829) 947-2222 ext. 8801

I have had my other 4 in the United States.
I have read that this Doctor is the best one in the country and has a lot of experience with excellent equipment.
I do have Dominican health insurance here but I am able to pay cash if it will make getting the appointment easier.
I actually would prefer to pay cash to make things more simple and easy to get done.
I also have my Doctors records and recommendations from my last 4 colonoscopies with me to show him.
I do not have cancer. Just a high risk for polyps and had a family member with colon cancer die under the age of 50.
As long as I do regular screenings every 3-5 years I should be able to live a normal life.

Does anyone have any connection at the hospital and maybe can help me make this appointment?
I couldn't find anyone with the experience this man has in Santo Domingo. Doing it in Santo Domingo would be easier since I live here but after reading about this guy I think he is the one.

All the best,

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I fixed your post. As an FYI, you lose the ability to edit your posts after 5 minutes.

Welcome to DR1.

Reactions: chovechuva

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
You should check out Cedimat in Santo Domingo. This is a top notch Hospital. They have a Gastro department. I do not have any personnel experience with a colonoscopy but use this Hospital for my medical needs, modern equipment and very clean.

They work by appointment phone or internet. (google Cedimat). Before Covid I did see a Gastro DR. Bonn ( I remember the name with the ice cream). Dr. Bonn does not speak much English but did treat my problem ( possible ulcer) without jumping to invasive treatment. He did recommend a routine colonoscopy and endoscopy due to my age. I been waiting for Covid to slow down as in my case its not a rush.

Where ever you go for your colonoscopy please let us know how everything went. One day my turn......

XTraveller
PS. Cedimat is a private Hospital behind Plaza de Salud. They take local insurance ( the better plans). They also have an international department if you have international insurance or pay cash. This international department will give you VIP service. Using them $$$$$

chovechuva

Aug 15, 2021
Santo Domingo
You should check out Cedimat in Santo Domingo. This is a top notch Hospital. They have a Gastro department. I do not have any personnel experience with a colonoscopy but use this Hospital for my medical needs, modern equipment and very clean.

They work by appointment phone or internet. (google Cedimat). Before Covid I did see a Gastro DR. Bonn ( I remember the name with the ice cream). Dr. Bonn does not speak much English but did treat my problem ( possible ulcer) without jumping to invasive treatment. He did recommend a routine colonoscopy and endoscopy due to my age. I been waiting for Covid to slow down as in my case its not a rush.

Where ever you go for your colonoscopy please let us know how everything went. One day my turn......

XTraveller
PS. Cedimat is a private Hospital behind Plaza de Salud. They take local insurance ( the better plans). They also have an international department if you have international insurance or pay cash. This international department will give you VIP service. Using them $$$$$
Thank you for your response. I just googled Cedimat and found him:
  • Eduardo Bon, Gastroenterologist-Endoscopist.
I will keep you posted.