Come to the city

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Ciudad-Colonial-Diario-Libre.jpg

Reports are that Santo Domingo, Boca Chica, Juan Dolio suffered minor damages due to the passing of Hurricane Fiona. In La Romana damages were primarily to landscape and clean up and repair operations, where necessary, are underway.

This means that tourists in the Punta Cana and Samana areas should consider taking tours to cultural activities in Santo Domingo and La Romana while resort crews fully restore the properties.

Santo Domingo offers multiple attractions in its Colonial City, numerous museums, shopping, restaurants are highly rated, and night life continues. Blue skies are already showing in the capital city.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JFK

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
What a terrible idea!
Why is this a terrible idea? There are several tour operators in Punta Cana that offer tours to Santo Domingo. I live in Santo Domingo and when visiting the Colonial Zone, I have seen many tour groups out and about so clearly there is interest.

Reactions: JD Jones

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Why is this a terrible idea? There are several tour operators in Punta Cana that offer tours to Santo Domingo. I live in Santo Domingo and when visiting the Colonial Zone, I have seen many tour groups out and about so clearly there is interest.
KC, I can't speak for Nadie, but I would not go into the ZC today because of cleanup. It's going to take a day in my estimation for things to get back to normal. In fact I postponed going to the gym and supermercado in San Isidro today for that very reason.

Reactions: Nadie21

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I don't think that going exactly today was the idea, but I see your point. More like in the coming days while Punta Cana may need extra time cleaning up, Santo Domingo may be an option for tourists to visit. And of course, spending money is always a good thing for the local economy.