Computer Geeks please help!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Adobe Creative Suite or Illustrator should do the trick, anybody can open PDF documents with the FREE version of Adobe reader.

I am really not a computer geek and usually figure these things out by trial and error.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The problem is not with Word and there is no need to switch to Adobe. The Adobe writing program has to be purchased and would not resolve your problem.
The Photo image you take of the signed/sealed document is where the problem occurs.
There could be a variety of reasons but most likely your computer is creating the photo image in a default setting (like Nero, for instance) and it cannot be opened by those who don't have that program, thus the suggestion to create the images in bitmap.
However, if you are a bit savy with the puter, as you seem to be, simply change your default program for Jpegs to a Microsoft program like Windows picture and fax viewer or Windows Live Photo Gallery and the problem should be resolved for those receiving your scans.

Reactions: drloca

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
Pdf

Creating a letter head is easy in Word as is scanning your signature and inserting it as a graphic. I use CutePDF. it is a free download and installes as a printer. You print to it and it asks you for a file name and saves your print as a pdf file which anyone should be able to open. The beauty is that if you can print...you can have a pdf and it works in any....ANY program. Just google cutepdf

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
The problem is not with Word and there is no need to switch to Adobe. The Adobe writing program has to be purchased and would not resolve your problem.
The Photo image you take of the signed/sealed document is where the problem occurs.
There could be a variety of reasons but most likely your computer is creating the photo image in a default setting (like Nero, for instance) and it cannot be opened by those who don't have that program, thus the suggestion to create the images in bitmap.
However, if you are a bit savy with the puter, as you seem to be, simply change your default program for Jpegs to a Microsoft program like Windows picture and fax viewer or Windows Live Photo Gallery and the problem should be resolved for those receiving your scans.

Rocky my love, how do i change the default programme for Jpegs to windows live photo. :ermm:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Right click on any picture (the icon) and go to the selection, "open with", then to the bottom option, "choose program".
A window will open to offer you the possibilities and choose one of the Microsoft programs and be sure to check the option for always opening the picture with that program. "always use the selected program to open this type of file".

andyt

May 28, 2003
Print them to a PDF file

There are several third party applications that will allow you to print images or documents to PDF format. The programs
will add another printer under printers. One program
I have used is pdf 995: create PDF documents easily for free . It comes as a trail version or you can buy it if you like it. Let me know if you have any questions.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Right click on any picture (the icon) and go to the selection, "open with", then to the bottom option, "choose program".
A window will open to offer you the possibilities and choose one of the Microsoft programs and be sure to check the option for always opening the picture with that program. "always use the selected program to open this type of file".

Quite simply...........I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheeky: