Congressman requests Metro extension to San Cristobal

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Otoniel-Tejeda-Martinez-Hoy-1024x684.png

Congressman Otoniel Tejeda Martinez (PRM-San Cristóbal) submitted a draft resolution on Tuesday, 24 May 2022 requesting President Luis Abinader include in the 2023 National Budget allocations for the start of the construction of the extension of the Santo Domingo Metro to the province of San Cristóbal, to the west.

The Presidency has allocated funds for the extension of the Metro to the northern municipality of Los Alcarrizos, in northern Santo Domingo.

The San Cristóbal congressman says the new Metro extension would connect from the Metro stop at the Centro de los Héroes. He proposes stops in Haina, Hatillo and next on to the San Cristobal, the capital city of San Cristobal province, a direct line west from the Centro de los Heroes stop.

“The Metro extension will represent savings of hundreds of thousands of pesos for thousands of vulnerable and low-income San...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I don't think this will happen anytime soon.. lol

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Yup, stick a metro line right through Bella Vista, I'm sure that idea would fly. Nobody with any power lives there, wouldn't bother anyone.

ChelseaRose

Jul 16, 2017
Yup, stick a metro line right through Bella Vista, I'm sure that idea would fly. Nobody with any power lives there, wouldn't bother anyone.
Connecting at Centro de los Heroes and heading to Hania, that most likely wouldn't go near to Bella Vista. Instead it would potentially serve all of the communities between Parque Mirador Sur and the Malecon unless it's express to Haina. Sounds like an awesome idea to me - even if it is a pipe dream at this moment. It certainly has potential to help alleviate the crushing tapones in this city.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Connecting at Centro de los Heroes and heading to Hania, that most likely wouldn't go near to Bella Vista. Instead it would potentially serve all of the communities between Parque Mirador Sur and the Malecon unless it's express to Haina. Sounds like an awesome idea to me - even if it is a pipe dream at this moment. It certainly has potential to help alleviate the crushing tapones in this city.
There is a huge influx from Haina, Hatillo and especially San Cristobal every day. I suspect not as big as Los Alcarrizos but still very substantial

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I remember when there were protests against the metro. How things change.