Constipation in DR

R

RDKNIGHT

I agree with a lot of water. If I have a lot of fiber in my diet such as oatmeal and beans I feel like I definitely need a lot of water. I eat oatmeal every day and beans and or lentil almost every day. I put in Chia seeds in my oatmeal everyday.

If I don't have the time to eat a salad I will use a Vitamix Blender to blend a lot of greens with some fruits. A smoothie with a lot of greens in it should help out a lot.

If you eat fried food I am not sure if you have tried an Air Fryer.

Salad grown in DR is one of the worst things you can eat......farmers water the lettuce with contaminated water and loaded with chemicals ..... only eat fruits or veg you peel or have a hard skin . gracias Doctor RD Knight

A

AlterEgo

I posted important information in this thread about good digestive regularity utilizing Acidophilus prior to traveling, and a moderator decided to delete my post.

Which one of you internet cops found my post uninformative?
This was surely DR and fecal related, yet you deleted it?

You missed the typo in the title!!

Tambo, nothing has been deleted from this thread, I’d still be able to see it. Maybe there was some glitch.

I agree with the acidophilus, throw in probiotics and probiotics too. Repost your info.

T

Tamborista

Thanks Grace, I think I will pass a bowel instead of posting on this thread, more productive.

I hope you are well!

Tio Tambo'

C

cobraboy

I posted important information in this thread about good digestive regularity utilizing Acidophilus prior to traveling, and a moderator decided to delete my post.

Which one of you internet cops found my post uninformative?
This was surely DR and fecal related, yet you deleted it?

You missed the typo in the title!!
Isn't Acidophilus the Greek God of Free Movement?

FWIW, Acidophilus and probiotics are especially important after taking antibiotics.

W

Wishing you well

Salad grown in DR is one of the worst things you can eat......farmers water the lettuce with contaminated water and loaded with chemicals ..... only eat fruits or veg you peel or have a hard skin . gracias Doctor RD Knight

Could you please expand?

N

Neargale

If nothing moves after having tried more water, fibre, exercise, more magnesium and the occasional mild laxative.... time to get a colonoscopy. You need one after 50 at least every 10 years. I am on a 3 years repeat as they found polyps.

L

Luperon

Ive met many people here who have a "problem going to the bathroom" is constipation a common problem in DR? if so does anyone know why? before you say white rice. i been here sometime and i dont eat the "typical food" but i clearly eat food produced here and brought in the super markets i seem to be falling into the same situation and im not sure why. i eat fruit, veggies, salads, meat, fish, no rice, no pasta, no sugar, no street meat or food, not fried unless at home in olive oil. I am speculating here : i feel like all the so called fresh fruits and veggies are produced with pesticides of the worst kind. maybe some not even legal in the US. I seen them spraying all lands here to kill weeds so they can grow whatever. could that be it?

does anyone know what is the typical chemical they are spraying when you see the guys walk and spray with the container on thier back?

does anyone have any in sight into this issue? my girlfriend is the same. thanks.:eek:gre::eek:gre:
I did not read all the posts but I can tell you most Dominicans are dehydrated.

D

Derfish

They, the doctors pretend that coke and pepsi and their relatives are antiwater. That theyu make one pee more than the value of the water one takes in with the drink, which is so phony since i don't believe I have drank any actual water for 15 years or more, just Coca Cola. If true I wiould have dried up and blown away long ago.
Der Fish

B

bob saunders

Not the kids at our school, we go through six to eight 20 liter bottles a week, and that's after they drink the water they bring from home.

R

rubio_higuey

I suffer from this ailment as well, for some years now ...

If I don't drink enough liquids and get enough fiber, it really gets hard to pass... i know some people who buy dulcelax daily...
Not really sure what is the reason... I exercise almost daily (though yes indeed I live stressful life, business and all, and don't have regular eating hours) so to combat I need to drink plenty of liquids or next day there is a problem. I eat lot of fiber, I switched white bread completely for Molino del Sol Linea Dorada whole grain bread, with 6g of fiber in one slice (25% daily intake). Plus a cup with mix of Salvado de Trigo (not de Avena) with oats (50/50), a teaspoon of honey and some fat free milk, this every 2 days. When I am not ignorant about my fiber and liquids intake, all is good....

Oh and what I found out is really good for stool movement is pistachio... I discovered it the last Xmas... I got enjoyment in eating at least half a cup a day and never had problems with constipation while I kept consuming this delicious cashew.

So back to the OP question, yes I think constipation is a problem in DR.

K

kg4jxt

For me, it is bananas; I love them and I grow about one bunch per day on average, so always way more than I could eat. But if I eat more than about three or four (bananas, not bunches thereof) per day, they will clog the pipes butt good! If you are eating a lot of delicious, cheap, plentiful bananas; cut back a little.

D

Derfish

For me, it is bananas; I love them and I grow about one bunch per day on average, so always way more than I could eat. But if I eat more than about three or four (bananas, not bunches thereof) per day, they will clog the pipes butt good! If you are eating a lot of delicious, cheap, plentiful bananas; cut back a little.

So can I expect bananas to help tighten up my diarhea?
Derfish

F

Fulano2

Platanos will do the job, but not the mangú with a pound of margarine in it.