CORAAPPLATA Cabarete to dig wells for more water

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Windy is correct. For 2 decades we have had power and water problems with all sorts of ...everyone promising to fix. At some points things DO improve but proves to be a temporary band aid.
Overall, electricity is way better now then 20 years ago. Water is way worse.... then 20 years ago.
This year we have had a generous amount of rain so not using our well and R.O. systems due to rain harvest.

The Southwest's looming water battle

Really long but well done. Not sure if this will work. Water and so much more is a global concern for all of us.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I live here and am supplied by Edenorte and CORAAPPLATA, both government run and very corrupt entities, so yes, it is all about here.

(Now I need to go dig wells, install an RO whole house purification system with UV Light, and also install solar panels along with wind turbines and not to forget that small fission power plant as well to run the deep well pump and cistern pumps... just kidding.)
Yes, with this, I fully agree with you... I have yet to see one thing here where govt is involved and that works smoothly, logically and efficiently... Well, even many private companies here don't really apply logic nor efficiency on occasion or most of the time, but that's another story and I'd rather think about something else...

• Haha
Reactions: Rattus_Rattus

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

26 August 2021​

Four wells for Sosúa and Cabarete

The director Oliver Nazario Brugal of the water company CORAAPLATA received permission from President Luis Abinader on Sunday morning on the beach of Sosúa to build four wells in Sosúa and Cabarete.​

Oliver Nazario Brugal

Oliver Nazario Brugal​

The president will make additional funding available for this, regardless of the current budget. With the construction of these four wells, the director Oliver Nazario Brugal of the water company hopes to temporarily solve the tap water problems for the two tourist towns. Two wells will be dug near the caves of Cabarete, the two for Sosúa will be in the area of ??María La 'O'. But according to the director of the water company, the definitive solution to the water problem must be solved with the construction of a new aqueduct, the so-called 'Atlantic Corridor'. This extensive and expensive project will be included in the budget for the coming years.​

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

26 August 2021​

The director Oliver Nazario Brugal of the water company CORAAPLATA received permission from President Luis Abinader on Sunday morning on the beach of Sosúa to build four wells in Sosúa and Cabarete.​

Oliver Nazario Brugal

Oliver Nazario Brugal​

The president will make additional funding available for this, regardless of the current budget. With the construction of these four wells, the director Oliver Nazario Brugal of the water company hopes to temporarily solve the tap water problems for the two tourist towns. Two wells will be dug near the caves of Cabarete, the two for Sosúa will be in the area of ??María La 'O'. But according to the director of the water company, the definitive solution to the water problem must be solved with the construction of a new aqueduct, the so-called 'Atlantic Corridor'. This extensive and expensive project will be included in the budget for the coming years.​

So the wells will be a temporary solution. The aguaduct is the long range solution and is supposed to happen in the near future.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Did CORAAPPLATA dig any of those wells yet in Cabarete?
Digging a well is easy, fast and not that expensive. One rig can do 2 a day on the north coast. But you need new Jeeps to get to the sight and haul in the pumps, expensive plastic pipes, wiring and other very expensive parts and infrastructure that your cousin has been hired to di.

But he first needs a new Jeep.

That's what happened 4 or 5 years ago when a big change in Corraplata was made; during the start of our drought. All new trucks and uniforms but not a single shovel.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007

26 August 2021​

Oliver Nazario Brugal

Oliver Nazario Brugal​

Windy - This guy is a political animal and will only respond when his future is threatened. Perhaps that is the way to go !

Olly

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Knowing how fast things are done, especially on the north coast, I expect 10 pounds of less of water pressure several days a week with it off more than on for years to come. That aqueduct project is as likely as the sewer system for Cabarete. Remember the sewer system project? Pedro the Swiss/US plumber and I had a good laugh over that. (Pedro was the one excellent tradesman we found to work on problems, and he had to go back to Switzerland for personal reasons.)

As for the "posos tubulares", those are a definite maybe. When they get around to it.

Reactions: Big

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Knowing how fast things are done, especially on the north coast, I expect 10 pounds of less of water pressure several days a week with it off more than on for years to come. That aqueduct project is as likely as the sewer system for Cabarete. Remember the sewer system project? Pedro the Swiss/US plumber and I had a good laugh over that. (Pedro was the one excellent tradesman we found to work on problems, and he had to go back to Switzerland for personal reasons.)

As for the "posos tubulares", those are a definite maybe. When they get around to it.
Wow Windi... it only took how many years?
I'll jump to the sewer system. Please tell us about that. Being charged for a non existing system.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
So it's been around 2 months now, anyone knows of any wells being dug?

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy