CORAAPPLATA Cabarete to dig wells for more water

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In the news last night on TV it was mentioned that CORAAPPLATA in Cabarete was going to dig wells to actually provide water.

It seems the residents of La Cienega (the illegal development on public park wetlands) complained that they have no water and it
makes things very hard for them. The nerve they have to complain about it!

As DR Solar has mentioned in threads where I have also complained and whined and bitched and moaned about such issues, I am not sure why the thousands in La Cienaga don't all just solve their own problems instead of having to complain to the government to provide the services. They can solve water and electricity problems there by all of them installing solar panels, charge controllers, battery inverter/charger systems and install wells with pumps). Or they could have just pumped in the swamp water they live on and next to in the public wetland. That might not be so good since the refuse and sewage from about 4,000 people flows into the public wetland. Oh well. In a manner of speaking.

Hopefully the wells will be completed and more water provided before the Cabarete Bypass is done.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Hopefully the wells will be completed and more water provided before the Cabarete Bypass is done.
In viewing the progress on the bipass would have me estimate a finish date of August of 2185. I am expecting the construction trailers to be removed any day now

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In viewing the progress on the bipass would have me estimate a finish date of August of 2185. I am expecting the construction trailers to be removed any day now
Sad, but likely regarding the bypass. Three machines and three trailers still there last I passed.

Let us hope the wells will help the water issue sooner rather than later.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Hey guy. All within 500 feet of sea level so odds of fresh water is very low. Wells within 300 feet of each other.
Since have not seen any sanitation lines or systems if they could be for that.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hey guy. All within 500 feet of sea level so odds of fresh water is very low. Wells within 300 feet of each other.
Since have not seen any sanitation lines or systems if they could be for that.
RO systems being used? If they are salty at least they won't be able to pump the ocean dry.

And where is CORAAPPLATA going to be putting their wells? Time will tell if they turn out fresh or not.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
RO systems being used? If they are salty at least they won't be able to pump the ocean dry.

And where is CORAAPPLATA going to be putting their wells? Time will tell if they turn out fresh or not.
Don't know since they are in full time drilling but not plumbing. Only told of ONE good well in this area with clean water and knowing the person, don't believe her.
RO systems are expensive and require maintenance and the costs of the well pumps and systems add up fast.

I can not imagine nor come up with any cost justified costs for what they are doing other then cheap waist removal wells.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Does Cabarete have potable water treatment plants?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does Cabarete have potable water treatment plants?
I have no idea. I have never seen a water treatment plant of any kind in Cabarete, but I have only been here for 18 years. I suspect they have ways to filter out sediment from river water and not much else. Where they get the water from, I have no idea.

When it rains heavily for most of a week, that sediment is not filtered as well.

By potable, do you mean drinkable? I cannot imagine drinking the tap water in Cabarete (or anywhere in the DR) .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Don't know since they are in full time drilling but not plumbing. Only told of ONE good well in this area with clean water and knowing the person, don't believe her.
RO systems are expensive and require maintenance and the costs of the well pumps and systems add up fast.

I can not imagine nor come up with any cost justified costs for what they are doing other then cheap waist removal wells.
The intent mentioned on television news was to supply enough so called potable water so the people in La Cienaga stop bitching and moaning about a lack of water; In words you could appreciate, They used different language on TV. Cheap waist removal wells? That would not be good, would it?

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
La Cienaga and the lagoon sit on top of the largest fresh water aquifer on the North Coast. It's not only La Cienaga that needs water, Perla Marina hasn't seen water in 7 weeks, along with many other areas.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
La Cienaga and the lagoon sit on top of the largest fresh water aquifer on the North Coast. It's not only La Cienaga that needs water, Perla Marina hasn't seen water in 7 weeks, along with many other areas.
I know, but if you or I complain, people will tell you to dig a well. Our complaints certainly have no effect on the corrupt and inefficient CORRAPPLATA.

La Cienaga (an illegal development of thousands built on public park protected wetlands) complains and perhaps something will happen.

Why do they need a well at all when they can just run some tubes into the swamp?

jollyroger

Nov 3, 2019
I calculated approximately the same ChicoB i took into account the Haitian earthquake that shook the earth speeding up sh11t....i concluded 2184+-5%.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well,

Did CORAAPPLATA do any work yet to provide more water? Doesn't seem the case from what I can tell about the 5 to 10 lbs of pressure they barely provide at limited times.

Maybe some day.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

More Blah, Blah, Blah.. Years of neglect and not caring by a government run water company.​

Director of water company visited affected neighborhoods

The director Oliver Nazario Brugal of the water company CORAAPLATA visited the neighborhoods in Sosúa that are suffering from a lack of tap water. Among others he visited the La Piedra neighborhood, a neighborhood that has been deprived of tap water for months. He spoke to residents and district councilors. The director said in these talks that he takes the inconvenience very seriously and will come up with emergency solutions. For example, water tanks will regularly pass by that will offer free water. He also offered his sincere apologies. He told the press that part of the press is now waging a smear campaign against him. He also pointed out the sabotage of valves and pumps of the water pipes at Maranatha, Sosúa and Cabarete. But the drought of recent months also means that the rivers are almost dry and that the groundwater level is very low.​

Director of water company visited affected neighborhoods​

That doesn't make it any easier either. The constant blackouts are also partly to blame for the fact that the water pumps are often unable to work. The years of neglect of the water network still cause many problems. But anyone can see that his crews are everywhere replacing pipes and pumps.​

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

More Blah, Blah, Blah.. Years of neglect and not caring by a government run water company.​

Two things:

1. I hope the director holding his hand on that woman's shoulder helps them get water soon, but I doubt this... Yes, I agree, blah blah blah...
2 Govt run utility companies... While here, I agree that this may not work, all the water companies in my country are govt run and we obviously have no issues there... So I'd just be precise here: The problem is not "A" govt run utility company, the problem is, it's run by "THE" govt here...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Two things:

1. I hope the director holding his hand on that woman's shoulder helps them get water soon, but I doubt this... Yes, I agree, blah blah blah...
2 Govt run utility companies... While here, I agree that this may not work, all the water companies in my country are govt run and we obviously have no issues there... So I'd just be precise here: The problem is not "A" govt run utility company, the problem is, it's run by "THE" govt here...
I live here and am supplied by Edenorte and CORAAPPLATA, both government run and very corrupt entities, so yes, it is all about here.

(Now I need to go dig wells, install an RO whole house purification system with UV Light, and also install solar panels along with wind turbines and not to forget that small fission power plant as well to run the deep well pump and cistern pumps... just kidding.)

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I live here and am supplied by Edenorte and CORAAPPLATA, both government run and very corrupt entities, so yes, it is all about here.

(Now I need to go dig wells, install an RO whole house purification system with UV Light, and also install solar panels along with wind turbines and not to forget that small fission power plant as well to run the deep well pump and cistern pumps... just kidding.)
I'd be happy to guide you. And I sincerely mean it.