Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
It would be nice to know what this requested 45 day S.O.E. actually means. I saw no mention that Medina would be addressing the country to explain. NO mention of a specific curfew other than shops, cafes etc have to close by 8pm. Too much uncertainty. I don't know whether to make a run to the grocery store or if I'll be able to do that another day. Will a new S.O.E. affect the borders. Not enough info being offered by the authorities. Impossible to make any sort of meaningful plans to cope with the coming changes.
Theyre going to make those decisions on Friday

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It will pass easily/quickly

Whether the border is affected ---- ????? dunno !

That 24 hr curfew might be nasty
as we say in the north -- A Three Dog Night......might not be dogs !!

Sorry, JK, making light of a bad situation - levity people !!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Too bad the govt doesn't indicate what measures it wants to implement. People need enough notice to prepare for anything drastic. I fear they will announce on Friday for a start on the weekend.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Too bad the govt doesn't indicate what measures it wants to implement. People need enough notice to prepare for anything drastic. I fear they will announce on Friday for a start on the weekend.
they wait to long always on everything ...they don’t want to tell you what it is because they want to see how many days they get in vote , then pass sentence as they say :( Longer term they get less restrictive... If this was not an election yr DR would of fared much better in this war...

Reactions: CaribeDigital

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I can understand the first National Emergency was all of a sudden but now they should have known from experience.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Bloomberg News has a very positive story on the University of Oxford research team headed by vaccinologist Sarah Gilbert.
The study could be through with human trials of 1100 people in September.
Traditional vaccines use weakened or dead virus to stimulate the immune system.
Gilbert used a viral vector approach with a Trojan horse idea using a harmless virus that causes the common cold in chimps.
She attaches genetic material of Covid to the spike of the chimp virus that then stimulated a persons immune response.
This approach speeds the process and Bloomberg news describes Gilbert as being months ahead of the numerous other companies working to find a vaccine.
The Bloomberg article is available online and is hopeful in a time when we all want to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
This is not a light but could be a glimmer.
I do not have a link but it is easy to find the article which is lengthy.
A number of techniques for vaccines where companies are finding they can produce more antibodies than actually having CV19. That is the good news part.
And a bit hard to believe, but let us say that is true.

How long those antibodies last is the huge question. They last about 3 months if you are infected with CV19, which is very disappointing.

To control CV19, how long do the antibodies need to last for a vaccine to control CV19?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He will NOT be deciding alone.....

I expect the deal is....
WE'LL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO

A subservient servant of the incoming President

Done deal !!

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
This is terrible. Does anyone know if Puna Cana airport is like this too?
Punta Cana area for the longest time had very few total cases. For 3 months plus since March 16th. It now has almost 1500 cases but only 2 deaths. I have to assume these numbers will only get bigger.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
This differs substantially from the many pictures and comments posted here in the past.
So are you talking about the past, the present or the future to put this into context🤣

It's good to know that you are telling the truth here and everybody else is lying 🤥

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
He will NOT be deciding alone.....

I expect the deal is....
WE'LL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO

A subservient servant of the incoming President

Done deal !!
Do you think Abinader will step in and say no closings, no curfews and no shutdowns?

He is facing political suicide regardless of what he does. He can only blame Danilo up to 8/16. Then it's all his baby.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This request for a state of emergency is being done in conjunction with Abinader. Done deal. All that's left are the details and how many days they will give him.

Reactions: habi

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

That's what they did a couple of times... Danilo asked for extension many days before the previous ended and then the matter was just going around between two institutions (senado/diputados, not sure how those are called) as one group was just fighting, and it ended up being approved on the last minute...

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
Do you think Abinader will step in and say no closings, no curfews and no shutdowns?

He is facing political suicide regardless of what he does. He can only blame Danilo up to 8/16. Then it's all his baby.
Suicide? He has a chance of a bright start by reversing the alibi half-measures of the current government. He could pass to history by introducing pro-active policy placing the Dominican Republic among the most successful corona fighters: Vietnam, New Zealand, Cuba, China or Switzerland.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Suicide? He has a chance of a bright start by reversing the alibi half-measures of the current government. He could pass to history by introducing pro-active policy placing the Dominican Republic among the most successful corona fighters: Vietnam, New Zealand, Cuba, China or Switzerland.
Do you really believe what you wrote here?

What will his millennial constituency think when he locks them all away?

Reactions: windeguy
Status
Not open for further replies.