Coronavirus - In the DR

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
You have hit on it.
The Coronavirus is a result of climate change for sure. Ban the oil industry now. Trust Greta
No need to ban oil....yet.
Coronavirus is here to decimate boomers, children, the weak and the fat.
The few of us that survive will be able to burn oil to our hearts contempt w/o impacting the planet.
Now all we need is the virus to kill people off faster so they don't have time to pull out of the market...... unlimited tendies for all !!!!

Cdn_Gringo

Apr 29, 2014
Life continually adapts trying to make itself more suited for its environment. A virus is no different. 2019-nCOV is just a naturally occurring mutation of some other Cornonavirus that has jumped from an animal species to humans. If not this virus, one of these days, nature is going to get it just right and lots of us will be in trouble.

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
This virus was completely preventable when it appeared in Dec. These Chinese wet markets have no idea what hygiene is. Blood and guts spilling everywhere, mixing all together you name it. The "official' numbers we are getting from China I can guarantee are 10x more. Compared to previous outbreaks I don't think it will get too out of hand hopefully. There will be high number infected but not a HUGE mortality rate. If that were the case, even the supposed infected people in the US, Europe would be dropping like flies. But I'm not a doctor soooo. Good luck out there ??????:laugh:

chico bill

Lobotomy Surgeon
May 6, 2016
No need to ban oil....yet.
Coronavirus is here to decimate boomers, children, the weak and the fat.
The few of us that survive will be able to burn oil to our hearts contempt w/o impacting the planet.
Now all we need is the virus to kill people off faster so they don't have time to pull out of the market...... unlimited tendies for all !!!!
Or maybe just the Asians will die ? Some viruses are more prevalent in different cultures

May 4, 2018
Transmission is a big concern, but mortality rates are still under 3%(so they say). China is going through New Year's travel which puts millions into closed buses and trains for hours. The infected are contagious for five days before the first symptoms show. It is VERY contagious.

May 4, 2018
This virus was completely preventable when it appeared in Dec. These Chinese wet markets have no idea what hygiene is. Blood and guts spilling everywhere, mixing all together you name it. The "official' numbers we are getting from China I can guarantee are 10x more. Compared to previous outbreaks I don't think it will get too out of hand hopefully. There will be high number infected but not a HUGE mortality rate. If that were the case, even the supposed infected people in the US, Europe would be dropping like flies. But I'm not a doctor soooo. Good luck out there ������:laugh:
AIDS came from hunting monkeys and this seems to have come from bats and pigs..

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I will be arriving in the DR 13 days from today. We will go through Toronto where the virus entered Canada.
Am I concerned? Nope.
2000 people in a billion in China have contracted this virus and less then 100 have died.

As Green Bay Packer QB once famously said R-E-L-A-X

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
If some of those prostitute’s on PC get the virus, would wipe out the chica hunters.
It would solve the female mayor’s problem.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
So the gov't is saying they're working to control the spread of the virus and in the meantime, urge people to get 'flu shots. But I've seen no info on where one can be inoculated.

kcdmps

Dec 6, 2014
Sometimes overreaction can do more harm. I remember the SARS a while back. There was a big media hype back then but SARS did little. Some air fares were really cheap because people were afraid to travel. The Coronavirus so far killed about a hundred but the regular seasonal flue has already killed many times that. I dunno. It could fizzle out like SARS.

Ecoman1949

Oct 17, 2015
Sometimes overreaction can do more harm. I remember the SARS a while back. There was a big media hype back then but SARS did little. Some air fares were really cheap because people were afraid to travel. The Coronavirus so far killed about a hundred but the regular seasonal flue has already killed many times that. I dunno. It could fizzle out like SARS.
Unfortunately this is happening as DR high season tourism is beginning and trying to recover from the negative publicity of last year. The WHO was slow off the mark on this one and is playing catch-up. The UK, Canada, and the US are restricting flights to China and other areas. This will not be a short lived outbreak and, as it spreads to the Caribbean, the consequences for DR tourism could be worse then last Spring and Summer.

Ecoman1949

Oct 17, 2015
You mentioned the elephant in the room. DR high season tourism is just beginning and trying to recover from a bad Spring and Summer last year due to the negative publicity of last Winter. Many countries are stopping flights in affected countries. If a significant outbreak occurs in the Caribbean, the DR could be in for another tourism slowdown. The effect could be worse than last year’s impacts. We now how the DR government responded to last year’s negative publicity. I can’t begin to comprehend how they would respond to a coronavirus outbreak.