Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the funny difference of the german/spanish word, pronounced exactly the same, but it means the exact Opposite.
German, Ja, means "yes".
Spanish, Ya, means "enough, stop it, ...".
both pronounced exactly the same.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
:( But yet they can catch me on 10 yr old traffic ticket :)
We had about 150 pages on visa overstay fees. Please don't rile the posters up on what this could possibly cost you, what happened to their friends Moe and Larry, what you can do to get out of it, etc. :cool:

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Oh well Alex it is best you stay home except only to visit the grocery store. Perhaps another 3 months in your house things will be safe enough out there for you to venture out. But don't rush
...and put on sunscreen to walk to the mailbox while carrying a umbrella

Reactions: chico bill

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
This is not the best presentation but will have to do. I'm always amazed that most can not, will not step up to the challenge of problem solving.

Instead of bitching and moaning... pointing fingers... blaming others and doing that all day and night long waiting for someone else to ease your pain; some actually do things.

Together with other teams and individuals, 2,000 face masks have been given to those in need in 4 days. It's not only the masks, it's an educational process. It's community leaders from isolated areas, a couple of committed friends and our PN buddies reaching out.

To get this done took alot of friends not only in the D.R, but friends in Miami that has partners in Singapore that has associates in China. Not easy. Holding another 2k in reserve .

IMG-20200517-WA0001-1.jpg
IMG-20200517-WA0000-1.jpg
IMG-20200519-WA0003-1.jpgIMG-20200517-WA0001-1.jpgIMG-20200517-WA0000-1.jpgIMG-20200519-WA0003-1.jpg
IMG-20200519-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20200517-WA0001-1.jpgIMG-20200517-WA0000-1.jpg

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Thats exactly what im going to do Chico. You make sure you dont wear a mask now since youre so tough and macho! Just the flu remember. Youre chico proofed.
When I finally get to go to a restaurant you bet it will be without a mask - duh how else can you eat ?
I will die someday in the not too distant future (like Eddie Haskell), but it isn't likely it will be the Kungflu that does me in.
It has nothing to do with being macho, just not cowering under a table, spreading the media fear, and also wanting to return to have occasional meals out with a cold brew.
If you unfortunately get the Wuhan flu, remember these words: (whispered like 'plastics' in The Graduate) ...
Plaquenil

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
This is not the best presentation but will have to do. I'm always amazed that most can not, will not step up to the challenge of problem solving.

Instead of bitching and moaning... pointing fingers... blaming others and doing that all day and night long waiting for someone else to ease your pain; some actually do things.

Together with other teams and individuals, 2,000 face masks have been given to those in need in 4 days. It's not only the masks, it's an educational process. It's community leaders from isolated areas, a couple of committed friends and our PN buddies reaching out.

To get this done took alot of friends not only in the D.R, but friends in Miami that has partners in Singapore that has associates in China. Not easy. Holding another 2k in reserve .

View attachment 2363View attachment 2364View attachment 2365View attachment 2363View attachment 2364View attachment 2365View attachment 2366View attachment 2363View attachment 2364
Old saying. If you are NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Santiago today,

Insurance office open...... empty but open--- good for me, in and out. Receptionist squirts some alcohol thingy on your hands as you go in and out. Mandatory mask.

I saw queues outside supermarkets ( plazza lama amongst others ) so i guess they are letting limited clients in at a time.
However National is NOT. They are not even wiping down carts ( well the "handles" )!!!!!
What they are doing is zapping you with a thermometer as you walk in...... though the security guard kept shaking his electronic thingy. I asked him if i was pregnant 😁😁.
He said yes and showed me the display :
- - -
Lol.
Anyhow National is never really busy so " social distancing " is not really a problem.

Reactions: MikeFisher

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
When I finally get to go to a restaurant you bet it will be without a mask - duh how else can you eat ?
I will die someday in the not too distant future (like Eddie Haskell), but it isn't likely it will be the Kungflu that does me in.
It has nothing to do with being macho, just not cowering under a table, spreading the media fear, and also wanting to return to have occasional meals out with a cold brew.
If you unfortunately get the Wuhan flu, remember these words: (whispered like 'plastics' in The Graduate) ...
Plaquenil

• Haha
Reactions: MikeFisher
Sep 22, 2009
Reactions: Caonabo

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it is smart,
we dont have to fake any numbers here in the DR.
we just do the number of tests on each specific day necessary to achieve the wished for results on the statistics for each specific day.
thats my point since the beginning,
we have inthe DR No real Statistic and we can not show any trends, negatives or positive trends alike,
because we do only a fraction of the necessary test numbers, which would be needed to put a stat with a real trend etc together.
a few days out of 3 months showed around/a bit over 2.000 tests per day, only on a few single days.
many days had just 200-800 tests per day.
the theer are days when many results did not come back on time, due traffic jams at the laboratories delaying the results to show.
so wehave days with barely any new infections and deads, as no results came out/into the stat,
and then we have days with high numbers, as those days include the delayed outcoming results which been missing during the prior 2-3 days.
absolutely impossible to show any trend or take any conclusons about infection rate/spread rate etc etc etc.
there should be since 2 months 5.000 tests done oper day, every day, as the minimum,
now that could show real results and trends then.
maybe starting early July our tourist visitors bring in their own numerous test kitts
and when heading back home they will leave those kitts here as a Propina, like before they did with half bottles sunblocker, parfumes, lippsticks etc etc.
so this way the government may be able to stock up on test kitts, lol.
maybe the reality is simply, that all the laboratories in DR together could not do any more tests per day anyways,
so testing more people per day would be useless as the results would come out when the tested person is already negative again/cured or deseased.

Status
Not open for further replies.